Hacking R4i 3DS

james99t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i got my R4i 3ds from 3ds-cart.com but when i put the card into my 3ds it just goes to a black screen with or without a Micro card in

i dont know what to do does anybody here know what may be up with it?
DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you're not capable of running 3ds games because your 3ds needs to be 4.1-4.5 firmware... Like dude stated I believe this is a ds flash cart. You have to be really careful when buying because every place states works on latest firmware. Where did you purchase it?

james99t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This flashcart should work just fine on the latest 3DS firmware. What revision yours is?

This picture shows you where to look for it (it should be visible even without opening the cart):
http://gbatemp.net/uploads/gallery/album_245/gallery_746_245_3049140.png

i had a look and it says D

Man, this is a DS flashcard, not a 3DS one.
You won't be playing 3DS games with it,
nor with any flashcard if your 3DS really is on version 8.1.0-19

got it from 3ds-cart.com

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i had a look and it says D

got it from 3ds-cart.com

Right, that's the newest one (I have revision D cart as well).

What type of micro sd cards do you have? What size (2GB, 4GB etc), what brand (Kingston, Sandisk etc)? If I remember correctly, the largest sd card this flashcart supports normally is 32GB. What file system have you formatted the cards with (exFat, FAT32 etc)? I think for this cart recommended format should be FAT32 (for 2GB card it should be FAT16). Can you try to properly format your sd card with this program (SD Formatter 4.0) just to see if it makes a difference (assuming you haven't done this already)? And lastly, the black screen, is it just blank screen, or does it say something like "an error has occurred"?

It might be that your cart is just defective unfortunately. If it turns out that the cart is defective, I would contact 3ds-cart.com and ask them about it. I'm not familiar with 3ds-cart.com, but I would imagine they will replace it, give your money back, try to help you with it or something.

james99t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, that's the newest one (I have revision D cart as well).

What type of micro sd cards do you have? What size (2GB, 4GB etc), what brand (Kingston, Sandisk etc)? If I remember correctly, the largest sd card this flashcart supports normally is 32GB. What file system have you formatted the cards with (exFat, FAT32 etc)? I think for this cart recommended format should be FAT32 (for 2GB card it should be FAT16). Can you try to properly format your sd card with this program (SD Formatter 4.0) just to see if it makes a difference (assuming you haven't done this already)? And lastly, the black screen, is it just blank screen, or does it say something like "an error has occurred"?

It might be that your cart is just defective unfortunately. If it turns out that the cart is defective, I would contact 3ds-cart.com and ask them about it. I'm not familiar with 3ds-cart.com, but I would imagine they will replace it, give your money back, try to help you with it or something.

thanks i have tried all that but sill nothing

its just a black screen that comes up only thing it lets me do is go back to the home page of the 3DS

i have send a email to them asking for help but all i got was a email saying their on Holiday unto Oct 8th

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs