Hacking R4i 3DS V2.0.0 V1.4.2

robmoore79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do i install all the firmware as i cant seem to get the one ive got to work it keeps coming up a loading window then i get what looks like a memory card with menu under it and a very annoyed face in the card with what looks like a lock it doesnt let me access then games or the menu can anyone please help me

xvc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I got my card today in red box… and it says R4i-SDHC 3DS for all the ds console (3DS v2.0.0 and V1.4.2) my dsi console is firmware 1.4E and I tried several firmware from R4i-sdhc.com but on console it’s come up with image of sd card and says (MENU?)
So how can I make it work on my dsi
Thanks.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Go to the website address on the front of your card and download the latest kernel. If that doesn't work format your card with the Panasonic SD card formatter and try again.

xvc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
www.r4i-sdhc.hk its says on front cover. the website doesn’t seem to be connecting now. Can you recommend more sites where I can get the correct kernel? And talking about kernel is it same as psp? Which add more game campability? I am new to ds hacking.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
xvc said:
www.r4i-sdhc.hk its says on front cover. the website doesn’t seem to be connecting now. Can you recommend more sites where I can get the correct kernel? And talking about kernel is it same as psp? Which add more game campability? I am new to ds hacking.
You need to get the kernel from www.r4i-sdhc.hk as that is the correct kernel for your card. You may be able to get RetroGameFans Muti cart update running but I think it may only work as a dual boot on your cart so you would still need the kernel from www.r4i-sdhc.hk.

The kernel is the operating system that allows you to load the games, run homebrew etc.

QUOTE(robmoore79 @ Jul 11 2011, 01:50 PM) this is what my card says wifi r4i 3ds v2.0.0 v1.4.2 (n3ds/ndsi xlndsi/ndsl/ nds) it doesnt look like the pic mate
Go to the web address that is on the front of your cart or the box and download the kernel from there.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
robmoore79 said:
will the v1.4.2 still work on a ds that hasnt been updated to the v1.4.1
Yes because the DS doesn't use DSi firmware. If you have a DSi and it is on lower than 1.4.1 firmware then your 3DS flashcard will still work perfectly well as long as you download the kernel from the web address on the front of your R4i flashcartr.

robmoore79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant access the site and do i need to download the 3ds stuff on the card and would you please give a step by step on what to do as the ones im looking at dont really help

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
You cannot play any 3DS games on any of the current flashcarts as all of them (except iEvolution) run only in DS mode so you can only play DS games (or DSi games without the DSi enhancements).

What is the web address on the front of your cart (generally you can only use the kernel from the web address on the front of your cart. Sometimes you may be able to use another carts kernel but it depends on what cart you have. Also you may be able to use RetroGameFans multi cart update but again it depends on what cart you have)?

robmoore79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the site ive got is www.r4i-sdhc.hk and i cant gain access to the site and the card has got on it :WiFi R4i 3DS V2.0.0
V1.4.2
(n3ds/ndsi xlndsi/ndsl/ nds)

and im not using it for 3ds either mate

whats the advice man

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Wait until you can access www.r4i-sdhc.hk and download the kernel.

Unfortunately you've bought a crap card. Hopefully the website will be available soon for you but if you have no joy over the next couple of days then you may well want to contact your supplier and demand your money back.

I've just read an old post of mine for someone else who had the same problem.
QUOTE said:
you can always try RetroGameFans Multiple card update and just follow the instruction in the "Known carts that can use DSTT Firmware.txt" for the R4i V1.45 Revolution - www.ndsiLL.net -> Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu or DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu folder) or the R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - r4i-sdhc.com.tw -> Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL (Use DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu or DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu folder) as your card is a clone of these.

robmoore79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so what cart do you recommend and will the kenel work from retro game fan and how do the files get put on the sd card in a certain order or cani just transfer the files straight over the the sd card

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
If you want a good reliable inexpensive cart then I would recommend the Acekard 2i.

Download the retro game fan update. Extract the files from the "DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu" folder ("TTMenu.dat", "How to Install.txt" and the "TTMenu" folder) to the Root of your SDHC card. Rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL and your card should work (don't put any games on for the moment as we just want to get the cart running first). If that works then download some games and away you go.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to wait until www.r4i-sdhc.hk is working again.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
xvc said:
http://www.nds-gear.com/how-to-tell-real-f...s-dsi-3ds-cards

drop down list and check the error message...if its the truth then may be we got fake or clone card.
Unfortunately that information is incorrect. It is right if you are after a Original R4 card but not one of the many many clones there are out there. You both have a very real but very crap card and of all the crappy clones there are out there you both picked one of the worst ones. Cheap does not equal good.

www.r4i-sdhc.hk is now working and you should both download their latest kernel which appears to be 3.0B

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buleste...DE-JA-VU? anyhow when referring to carts i may be able to help but upload a pic or give the site and iit saves aot of time...personally my dstwo will never leave my nds/3ds ...period. I also have a acekard for backup ....but i trust the dstwo so much. im selling it with a loaded 8gb sandisk on craigslist....

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
As the www.r4i-sdhc.hk site is regularly unavailable I've uploaded the 3.0b kernel to filetemp here.

trev1 said:
Buleste...DE-JA-VU? anyhow when referring to carts i may be able to help but upload a pic or give the site and iit saves aot of time...personally my dstwo will never leave my nds/3ds ...period. I also have a acekard for backup ....but i trust the dstwo so much. im selling it with a loaded 8gb sandisk on craigslist....
I always ask for the website with any questions about R4 cards if the OP doesn't give it.

I know what you mean about the SCDS2 however I don't use mine that much at the moment as I use my iSMM for playing DS games (similar functionality when it comes to playing DS games but less of a battery drain) and my SCDS2 for videos and various emulators.

I also used to have the AK2i but I felt like being an uncharacteristic generous old scroat and have sent it along with 8GB Transcend to a friend who I am trying to wean off R4 carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*