R4i 3DS Gold - Graphical bugs in games

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by skullpanda86, Mar 11, 2014.

1. skullpanda86
    OP

skullpanda86 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2010
    United States
    Hello,awhile back i bought an r4i 3ds gold,well when i first got i noticed there were graphical errors in some games,like dragon quest iv which would have stuff like black lines flashing across the screens on the title screen,so i did alittle research on the subject,found a thread on a different site basically saying try a different microSD card,because there is a chance that the card (the microSD) is ether corrupted or fake,so i tried a different microSD,so now the issue isn't happening as much but it still is going on,im starting to notice like black lines in some of the games,if there is a way to fix this can someone please tell me?:(

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Sometimes, games can give problems if they are fragmented on the SD card. I use Defraggler (Free) to defrag single game ROMs into whole files, and the problems usually go away.

3. skullpanda86
    OP

skullpanda86 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2010
    United States
    Explain what you mean? Im not quite sure im understanding...explain the process if you can please.