R4i-3DS card problems?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by cheeseandcereal, Mar 24, 2013.

Mar 24, 2013
  1. cheeseandcereal
    OP

Newcomer cheeseandcereal Member

United States
    So I have an R4i-3DS v4.5 card from r4i-sdhc.com. I was using it and I had managed to fill my 16gb micro-sd card that was in the flash cart until there was only about 300kB of space left. Well when the flashcart tried to do something that tried to use more than 300kb of space, it crashed. I plugged the micro-sd card into my computer and found out that everything on my card was corrupted. So I used SDFormatter v3.1 to do a Full, overwrite format for my SD card, then I redownloaded the latest firmware for the card and some games. Now all the homebrew games work perfectly fine, but when I try and run a regular nds game, it creates the save file, then when it goes to load the rom, it just says "save file note founded! Please reset the system" This happens with any game I try and I know it is making the proper save files as well. Any ideas on what may have happened or how I can fix it?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Try re-doing the latest firmware update for the cart. Sometimes when carts have disk issues they'll overwrite/corrupt parts of their own firmware on accident.

3. cheeseandcereal
    OP

Newcomer cheeseandcereal Member

United States
    For anyone looking at this post in the future, I figured out the problem. The games had to be moved to the root of my sd card