Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi guys, I need help...
I have an R4i 1.4 and a ds lite...
I've downloaded the latest firmware from the official website of R4i and put it on my R4i in order to upgrade and make it run on my 1.4.5 dsi... I went to "config" and then on "Upgrade"... there was supposed to be a "Start" button to start the upgrade... but only the "supported systems" window was there! And no, I didn't even touch the Upgrade switch in options because it was on... So I thought "Hmm I'll upgrade via WiFi then!" but then I remembered that the DS lite doesn't have internet options like DSi... So I patched AltWFC on Mario Kart DS, botted it, configured the DNS and some more thingies and guess what? It said "Connected to access point but unable to connect to server". Same with the R4i wifi engine...
I had no other choice... I downloaded and tried every firmware on my R4i and still no "start" button on upgrade
And now I'm here... please I've been struggling for 3 total days!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I need help...
I have an R4i 1.4 and a ds lite...
I've downloaded the latest firmware from the official website of R4i and put it on my R4i in order to upgrade and make it run on my 1.4.5 dsi... I went to "config" and then on "Upgrade"... there was supposed to be a "Start" button to start the upgrade... but only the "supported systems" window was there! And no, I didn't even touch the Upgrade switch in options because it was on... So I thought "Hmm I'll upgrade via WiFi then!" but then I remembered that the DS lite doesn't have internet options like DSi... So I patched AltWFC on Mario Kart DS, botted it, configured the DNS and some more thingies and guess what? It said "Connected to access point but unable to connect to server". Same with the R4i wifi engine...
I had no other choice... I downloaded and tried every firmware on my R4i and still no "start" button on upgrade
And now I'm here... please I've been struggling for 3 total days!
Quit buying shitty clones then u won't have this problem and buy a proper card

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't think that's a clone, because I was sarcastic when I said I tried every firmware and my card IS mentioned on the official site, it said it supports 1.4, I had 1.4 and nothing...

Maybe my card is EXACTLY the same as the official but is a cheap clone?

Sadly... I'm not into online shopping and also even if I DID wanted to buy one on the market
1. THEY'RE CLONES
2.My country doesn't seem to sell these cards... only online shopping...

EVEN if I DID want to shop online, I don't have enough money

And don't say things like "OOOHH UR CHEAPP BOIII"

D

Deleted User

a. dslite does have internet
b. what do you want to upgrade? the r4 firmware? then get ysmenu and close the problem!
c. if it doesnt work on dsi then I think the only way to make it work is via cfw, which only works ln us dsi

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I need to upgrade my kernel of my R4i but I tried around 25 versions of R4I! Should I really install YSmenu? And if yes, what does it do?
I need to upgrade it to support my dsi 1.4.5 because I need to give back my friend's ds lite a bit soon! And yes, I borrowed one from my friend

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you want more info on my problem, here are some clues!
Pictures:
1.My actual R4i card (Yes it has a "down arrow" on the bottom of the card)
2.Trying to upgrade via sd card (No start button (duh)
3.Trying to upgrade via WiFi (Connect to server fail)

IMG_20180610_113932.jpg IMG_20180610_121024.jpg IMG_20180607_175533.jpg

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

Abar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: Stebar

Masterski

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
how did you solve the problem with “Connect to server fail” ? I have a R4i V4.5 3DS card with wifi sign on it but it doesn’t make connection with the server.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: