zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well just got my DSL back and my R4... Here are a few things I personaly think would take this item from a 99.5 rating to 100%

1st let me say this is a pretty flawless card as is... There are some cosmetic / performance issues that may only bother me but others may feel the same as I do.

First, the skinning is very simplistic and needs to be made a touch more complex.

We need to be able to skin such items as the dialog boxes & select bars. Such as the square on the first page and the blue bar on the second. Also we need an option added to the firmware so if the moonshell folder is not detected that it displays an alternate icon menu graphic with only the slot 1 and boot slot 2 option. I know this is nit picking but I really have no use for moon shell. If I want to listen to MP3's or watch videos. I can use my Treo650 for that. Moonshell just takes up valuable game space.
smile.gif

Next some options in the firmware for the following.

I use sub folders to store roms, and option as to what folder to start in would be nice, say I was in roms/games most I could set that as the default folder to go to when I hit the main icon on the first screen. Also option to remeber the last folder you were in.

upon returning from a game using the L+R+A+B+X+Y feature, to return you to the last folder you were in.

Option to move the list menu to the lower screen and make it touchable.

and of course fix the download play for those who may want it.

Doing this will bring this item to the top of the list. more so than it may already be.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about the option to change which icon gets displayed for the game that you have highlighted? I'm kind of new to the scene, and I know nothing about programming, but it would be cool if the r4 looked in the folder to see if there was a game.gif for game.nds and then if there was, it would use that to override the default.

I'd like to make boxarts show up, if possible. I don't know who picks the default icons for the roms, but some of them are just awful.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you are picky. But everyone has a right to their own opinions.

It's a wishlist. Everyone can dream. Watch:

"Boy. It'd be pretty rad if we could record video previews for the r4 and have them display when we have a game highlighted. Most of the top screen could be video preview, and the bottom could be the list, so that it would respond to touch controls.

And I want a unicorn."

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you are picky. But everyone has a right to their own opinions.

It's a wishlist. Everyone can dream. Watch:

"Boy. It'd be pretty rad if we could record video previews for the r4 and have them display when we have a game highlighted. Most of the top screen could be video preview, and the bottom could be the list, so that it would respond to touch controls.

And I want a unicorn."

Hey Double Postin' Pete - I wasn't being a dick to him. He said himself that he was nitpicking. It's cool with me. Chill.....

zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you should have bought a different card.
None of those things are NEEDED.
Download play would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that problem exists on most all cards.

Most people don't NEED braces, but hey who wants an ugly grill? You can still eat with a set of aligator teeth, but its just not something you want to show off.
smile.gif
Kinda like dating a fat chick... Yea shes fun and all but not someone you take out in public..
smile.gif

oh ok, settle down all you fat chicks, I know I'm not being sensitive to your feelings... Here is a box of candy... Now go back into the corner and eat them with your snaggled maw...
smile.gif

man, today I am wrong on so many levels...

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Since it's a WISH list: I want the OS/Menu on the R4 to be just like the SuperCard DSOne!

@zone97: Dude, some of us like our women a little "thick". They are more fun that way.
wink2.gif

EDIT: @zone97: Oh yeah. You are wrong on so many levels but that's when it's fun!

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most people don't NEED braces, but hey who wants an ugly grill? You can still eat with a set of aligator teeth, but its just not something you want to show off.
smile.gif
Kinda like dating a fat chick... Yea shes fun and all but not someone you take out in public..
smile.gif

oh ok, settle down all you fat chicks, I know I'm not being sensitive to your feelings... Here is a box of candy... Now go back into the corner and eat them with your snaggled maw...
smile.gif

Im not even going to ask what you're high on
wtf.gif

I would like a save file backup system like the G6 had in the menu. Instead of going into dsorganize to do it.. kkthnxbai

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
zone97, it would be nice if you could post your thoughts on the official R4 forum so that there is a chance one of the R4 admin may read it, there is a topic here.

http://forums.r4ds.net/showthread.php?t=166

to post your concerns
biggrin.gif

btw i agree about moonshell, i will hardly ever use it to play mp3 as i already have a ipod, the feature is quite pointless to me.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Double Postin' Pete - I wasn't being a dick to him. He said himself that he was nitpicking. It's cool with me. Chill.....

Oh, I'm a fuckin' Fonzie over here. Don't even sweat.

And I'd also like a battery meter added to the R4 menu, if possible. Having the R4 in bypasses the DS interface automatically, which I think is the only place that you can check your battery life from. It would be nice to be able to check it without having to boot without the R4 inserted.

And, the option to be able to boot the last game that you played would be nice as well.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well IMO a battery metre is not really needed because when the battery is low on the DS the light goes red anyway.

True, but Nintendo saw fit to include the battery meter in the main DS interface. And my cell phone has a battery meter even though it gives me a "Low Battery" warning when the phone is close to dying.

My point is that it's sometimes good to know where you're at before the point of "Shit I gotta get to a save point in the next 15 minutes or I'm gonna lose my game here."

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Boy. It'd be pretty rad if we could record video previews for the r4 and have them display when we have a game highlighted. Most of the top screen could be video preview, and the bottom could be the list, so that it would respond to touch controls.

And I want a unicorn."

Request for unicorn seconded.

smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

So true about the fat chicks. All fun and games as long as you're not seen with em ;o Braces are fucking hot on chicks btw. At least the ones who don't really need em. The ones who've got the snaggleteeth and need them badly are the lose
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

ydnar64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK. Since it's a WISH list: I want the OS/Menu on the R4 to be just like the SuperCard DSOne!Â

@zone97: Dude, some of us like our women a little "thick". They are more fun that way.Â
wink2.gif

EDIT: @zone97: Oh yeah. You are wrong on so many levels but that's when it's fun!

I like my women like i like my R4. Thin, Slim, tight fit, and multipurpose!

Onlything fun about thick chick is it's like having sex with a waterbed!

Now that's wrong...

As for the topic... I think a battery indicator would be neat but that's why there's the red LED on the DS. I personally am content with the R4. Only thing i would like are all cosmetic like a touchable directory and animated buttons. Other then that the R4 has everything else covered. It does what it is made for and it does it GOOD!!!!

monkeymachine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Add the choice of languages to that list..

Would like to change my Chinese R4 to an English one, but i guess it's one of those bullsh-t market/price segmentation strategies .. a la region-coding

Another cool thing for the bottom screen is to list the time and date of save file and some sort of save file manager thingo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D