Hacking R4DS Wifi Problems

adjutant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I recently got an R4DS and it appears that the games have problem connecting through Wifi. It's quite an odd problem and I been searching pretty much everywhere to see if anybody has encountered the same problem, but apparently not.

Anyways, it's weird because I have copy of FF3 I bought and that connects through Wifi perfectly. Not only that, but I put Beup on my R4 and that connects perfectly through Wifi. Now I've tried connecting Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS roms on my DS through Wifi and neither connect.

I just can't put my finger on it, it certainly isnt the router that's messing up and neither is it the R4 (since Beup can connect). What could it be? Faulty roms? None of them connect....

hevyhomie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey,
i am not sure, but i have heard that download play don't work well on nintendo games either. As for the wifi connection, i predicting that is the same problem because it's a nintendo(1st party) game. i may be wrong so pls don't hurt me if i am.
frown.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wifi should work on the R4 no probs as long as the file is a clean rom it should work. download play on the other had has mixed results with different games, tbh i couldn't care less about download play., it's all about wifi!

ydnar64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think he means, online play not download play. Could you please confirm?

I have a problem with on-line play through wi-fi. Since i never really play on-line much it didn't bother me but since someone broke the ice i guess i'll explain my issues with Wi-Fi online play using an R4. The only game i have used is this with is Mario Kart DS. It goes through all of the connected process then when it appears that it's just about done my DS FROZED!!!! You get the non-responsive screen and the repetitive sound and that goes on for at least 5 minutes (that's when I quit and turned it off)... I'm not to concerned about it becuase i hardly even bother with on-line play and i can expect a little bit of trouble with things like that becuase of the situation. So i still LOVE my R4... Just curious...
wub.gif

adjutant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe I've made it quite clear it's the Wifi function that is not working on the very first post... I'm just really mad right now, now my R4 isn't working, never gets past loading when I turn on my DS.
frown.gif
But regarding the Mario Kart, I get the 51300 error (I'm not sure sure if that's the code exactly, but it's the one where it can't find a connection point). I get the same error on Metroid Prime Hunters.

ydnar64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wifi works fine with all games that have it, using R4 (including MKDS). Not sure what the problem is since you can connect using FF3, but it's not the R4
tongue.gif
Either bad dump, or double check your wifi settings in the DS.

I would agree but i have the perfered dump for mario cart... it might just be a setting or something... still i would think it would say unable to connect rather then freeze up the entire thing...

adjutant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get wifi to work. I'm starting to think it has to do something with my router or something... Anybody have a 2wire router that gets their R4 to work?

adjutant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as I had suspected, well at least ultimately, it was something with router settings.

I have a 2wire 1701HG router, the default settings didn't seem to go well with the way games on the R4 connected to through wifi.

I changed the following settings:

- set Wireless Channel to 7 (2.442 MHz)
- set Wireless Network Security Authentication to WEP-Shared, instead of the default WEP-Open.

It works well now, just connected my Mario Kart DS through wifi.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol