R4DS Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by adjutant, Jan 24, 2007.

Jan 24, 2007

R4DS Wifi Problems by adjutant at 12:17 AM (5,870 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. adjutant
    OP

Newcomer adjutant Newbie

United States
    Hi there. I recently got an R4DS and it appears that the games have problem connecting through Wifi. It's quite an odd problem and I been searching pretty much everywhere to see if anybody has encountered the same problem, but apparently not.

Anyways, it's weird because I have copy of FF3 I bought and that connects through Wifi perfectly. Not only that, but I put Beup on my R4 and that connects perfectly through Wifi. Now I've tried connecting Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS roms on my DS through Wifi and neither connect.

I just can't put my finger on it, it certainly isnt the router that's messing up and neither is it the R4 (since Beup can connect). What could it be? Faulty roms? None of them connect....

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    bad dumps, try finding the roms from another location.

3. hevyhomie

Newcomer hevyhomie Member

United States
    hey,
    i am not sure, but i have heard that download play don't work well on nintendo games either. As for the wifi connection, i predicting that is the same problem because it's a nintendo(1st party) game. i may be wrong so pls don't hurt me if i am. [​IMG]

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    wifi should work on the R4 no probs as long as the file is a clean rom it should work. download play on the other had has mixed results with different games, tbh i couldn't care less about download play., it's all about wifi!

5. adjutant
    OP

Newcomer adjutant Newbie

United States
    Meh, not even clean dumps are working...

6. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Whats the use of download play anyway? Just get your mates to get an R4 instead [​IMG]

7. zone97

Member zone97 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think he means, online play not download play. Could you please confirm?

8. ydnar64

Newcomer ydnar64 Advanced Member

United States
    I have a problem with on-line play through wi-fi. Since i never really play on-line much it didn't bother me but since someone broke the ice i guess i'll explain my issues with Wi-Fi online play using an R4. The only game i have used is this with is Mario Kart DS. It goes through all of the connected process then when it appears that it's just about done my DS FROZED!!!! You get the non-responsive screen and the repetitive sound and that goes on for at least 5 minutes (that's when I quit and turned it off)... I'm not to concerned about it becuase i hardly even bother with on-line play and i can expect a little bit of trouble with things like that becuase of the situation. So i still LOVE my R4... Just curious... [​IMG]

9. 7llusion

Member 7llusion GBAtemp Regular

France
    FF3 has no download play so I'm guessing that it's WFC.
    Illusion

10. adjutant
    OP

Newcomer adjutant Newbie

United States
    Yes, I believe I've made it quite clear it's the Wifi function that is not working on the very first post... I'm just really mad right now, now my R4 isn't working, never gets past loading when I turn on my DS. [​IMG] But regarding the Mario Kart, I get the 51300 error (I'm not sure sure if that's the code exactly, but it's the one where it can't find a connection point). I get the same error on Metroid Prime Hunters.

11. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    Wifi works fine with all games that have it, using R4 (including MKDS). Not sure what the problem is since you can connect using FF3, but it's not the R4 [​IMG] Either bad dump, or double check your wifi settings in the DS.

12. ydnar64

Newcomer ydnar64 Advanced Member

United States
    I would agree but i have the perfered dump for mario cart... it might just be a setting or something... still i would think it would say unable to connect rather then freeze up the entire thing...

13. R-Unit 4

Member R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    no probs for me...maybe the R4 or bad dumps

14. adjutant
    OP

Newcomer adjutant Newbie

United States
    I still can't get wifi to work. I'm starting to think it has to do something with my router or something... Anybody have a 2wire router that gets their R4 to work?

15. adjutant
    OP

Newcomer adjutant Newbie

United States
    Just as I had suspected, well at least ultimately, it was something with router settings.

I have a 2wire 1701HG router, the default settings didn't seem to go well with the way games on the R4 connected to through wifi.

I changed the following settings:

- set Wireless Channel to 7 (2.442 MHz)
    - set Wireless Network Security Authentication to WEP-Shared, instead of the default WEP-Open.

It works well now, just connected my Mario Kart DS through wifi. [​IMG]