Hacking r4ds pro

woof811

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello all i know all about the various fakes and copies of the r4ds and was wondering had anyone bought the r4ds pro that ozmodchips and dealextreme are selling ?

ozmodchips - http://www.ozmodchips.com/r4-ds-r4ds-pro-p-25.html

dealextreme - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17649

im asuming both are the same ?

i was wondering how well supported they are and how the build quality was and also how game compatibility was ?

im a big fan of the r4ds having bought at least 30 for friends and family and as its got no support anymore i was hopeing for some other team to bring out a reliable good quality upgrade .

ps. been buying edge ds lately and have no complaints at all.

woof811.

woof811

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok mate .

ive been very happy with the edge ds ive been buying lately and was just wondering how the r4ds pro was and if anyone had bought one .

ill stick to the edge ds for now
ohmy.gif
)

woof811.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
R4DS pro comes out of the same factory as acekard 2.1
same PCB, same everything
there are no bugs it seems currently

we are just sick of customers buying r4 on its own, and then buying 8gb cards from somewhere else, and then complaining they don't work.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
apparently (according to someone on dealextreme at least) the acekard 2 firmware works properly if you have two copies of the akmenu4.nds file, one name akmenu4.nds and one named _DS_MENU.DAT

i can confirm that that certainly works to use the R4 Pro menu on an Acekard 2 anyway. games run, it saves, and everything. so (assuming it works the other way around), congratulations - if you've bought one of these, you've actually got a better card than you thought! now get AKAIO and never look back damnit.

Tboy182

Trophies
XP
Country
well i just ordered an r4ds pro online after finding out there aren't any other r4s available and without realising it's a fake clone of the original

now i'm worrying about whether it'll work properly and whether it'll cause my ds to malfunction

should i be worrying???

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Tboy182 said:
now i'm worrying about whether it'll work properly and whether it'll cause my ds to malfunction

In what way? Because there are a bunch of tards on this forum that keep giving r4 clones a negative spin?
Lets get this straight.....

When a product is being actively supported, like the m3 real for example, and some bastard clones it --- this is not a good thing
When a product doesn't work well, like the "original/normal" r4, the team has dissapeared, no longer supporting it, etc etc, and someone creates a software clone and improves its features so that it works properly - this is a good thing!

The R4 pro comes out of the same factory as Acekard, so if acekard 2.1 aren't f**kign up DSs, R4 pros won't f**k it up either.

QUOTE(Tboy182 @ Dec 27 2008, 08:17 PM) should i be worrying???

No. Relax, download some acekard firmware, rename is to _ds_menu.dat, and enjoy your card

Nadz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an R4DS pro off Ozmodchips and it's working perfectly. Does the old R4ds cheat editor work with the pro cart?

rumy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nadz said:
I bought an R4DS pro off Ozmodchips and it's working perfectly.

I just bought a R4DS Pro from Ozmodchips, it works great ..... hopefully won't run in to trouble later but I am going to order another one now !
Didn't know that there are chips out there that can brick your DS .... makes me worry now. Should I be worried or is it all hype as I have friends that want the same as I have now but I don't want to help them out if there is a chance that their DS will die?

Poltergeist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one of these from Ozmodchips and it seems that all roms are compatible, however, none of the saves work. I've made sure they have the same name and that they are in the same folder as their roms (root) but when I try to continue, whilst there is a record of the save, its always at 0%, as in the initial save, despite having saved numerous times, further into the game.

Sammy_Sparrow96

Trophies
XP
Country
nadz

the old cheat editor dosent work for R4DS Pro if you can get codes to work could you tell me how and by the way i live in Austrailia sydney and i got my R4DS Pro from parklea markets they have heaps of flash carts there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1