Hacking R4DS NDS/GBA Link

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can R4DS recognize a GBA rom loaded in a slot-2 card? For example pokemon emerald on a g6 lite and pokemon diamond on an r4ds - will the R4DS recognize the GBA rom and allow me to use pal park feature.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can R4DS recognize a GBA rom loaded in a slot-2 card? For example pokemon emerald on a g6 lite and pokemon diamond on an r4ds - will the R4DS recognize the GBA rom and allow me to use pal park feature.
Not too sure about emerald on a G6 flashcart but I can safely say that the R4 can recognise a real GBA game for link up. Worked with my real Advance Wars 2 and the Advance Wars: DS on my R4.

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I heard it can recognize a real GBA cart, but was wondering about a rom loaded on a slot-2 card, I hope its possible. Anyone tried it out?

Chockbi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently it's not possible because slot2 flashcarts save differently (in their proprietary formats) from retail GBA carts

Aw damn so there's so way around it at all? I had the real pokemon emerald cart but gave it away a while back.
cry.gif

P

pasc

STOP crying ! You CAN use a flashcard in slot 2 you just need one which has no firmware and needs a writer (like EZF ADVANCE III) and only write ONE Rom at a time.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You CAN use a flashcard in slot 2 you just need one which has no firmware and needs a writer (like EZF ADVANCE III) and only write ONE Rom at a time.
This is true for every game EXCEPT pokemon. The only way to get pokemon diamond or pearl to read the save from a flashcart is to use the EZ-V and the 3-in-1 expansion pack, and that only works because the EZ-V kernel patches diamond and pearl to read the different type of save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.