R4DS NDS/GBA Link

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Chockbi, May 9, 2007.

1. Chockbi
    OP

Chockbi Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2007
    Can R4DS recognize a GBA rom loaded in a slot-2 card? For example pokemon emerald on a g6 lite and pokemon diamond on an r4ds - will the R4DS recognize the GBA rom and allow me to use pal park feature.

2. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Not too sure about emerald on a G6 flashcart but I can safely say that the R4 can recognise a real GBA game for link up. Worked with my real Advance Wars 2 and the Advance Wars: DS on my R4.

3. Chockbi
    OP

Chockbi Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2007
    Yeah I heard it can recognize a real GBA cart, but was wondering about a rom loaded on a slot-2 card, I hope its possible. Anyone tried it out?

4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

Dec 27, 2006
    Hull/Manchester, UK
    Apparently it's not possible because slot2 flashcarts save differently (in their proprietary formats) from retail GBA carts

5. Chockbi
    OP

Chockbi Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2007

Aw damn so there's so way around it at all? I had the real pokemon emerald cart but gave it away a while back. [​IMG]

6. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    STOP crying ! You CAN use a flashcard in slot 2 you just need one which has no firmware and needs a writer (like EZF ADVANCE III) and only write ONE Rom at a time.

7. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    This is true for every game EXCEPT pokemon. The only way to get pokemon diamond or pearl to read the save from a flashcart is to use the EZ-V and the 3-in-1 expansion pack, and that only works because the EZ-V kernel patches diamond and pearl to read the different type of save.