:D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4DS/ M3 Simply Cheat Code Editor Tutorial (Rough Version, I'm REALLY tired right now, but I'll make it look nicer and answer questions and stuff tomorrow when I've had a good night's sleep.)

With the release of the R4DS Action Replay Cheat Editor a new horizon has been opened for flashcart owners. Its like an action replay. But free.
biggrin.gif
This tut will teach you all you need to know about operating this new tool.

Contents
1. What You Need
2. XML Files
3. Errors
4. Adding Individual Cheats
5. F.A.Q.

1. Supplies needed are:
-R4DS/ M3 Simply Flashcart
-MicroSD Card
-http://www.gbatemp.net/downloads/software/...s_1.04final.zip M3 Simply System File v 1.04
-http://www.gbatemp.net/downloads/software/...r4/r4_fw108.zip R4DS System File V 1.08
-http://www.ukns.org/uploads/r4/r4cheateditor100.zip R4DS/M3Simply Code Editor
2. After downloading the files start up the code editor. Now you can either enter codes from scratch or find some XML Files (or usercheat files) in http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48946&st=15
After you have an XML file click File(F) in the menu and scroll down to “Import XML file…” go to the folder where the XML file is located and open it. You will see a list of codes that are in the file. If you are satisfied with the codes click “File(F)” again and choose “save cheat database” Locate the “cheat code editor” folder, and click on the “usrcheat” file that should be inside. This will save the cheats to that file. Now just drag n’ drop the “usrcheat” file into the _system_ folder of your flashcart, next to the “cheat” file. The new codes will now work.

3. If you get an “The XML File Is Error” message then you will have to exit out of the save converter. Find the XML file, right click, and press “edit.” Look through the XML file for any text that looks like this:

Weapon Codes
Modifies the speed of the weapon's "move" by the average of the weapon fired and the code on (Can't use the weapon in question)

This means that a new folder is beginning in that area, which will work fine, just delete the
Modifies the speed of the weapon's "move" by the average of the weapon fired and the code on (Can't use the weapon in question)
Repeat this process for every block of text like this you see, and after you have deleted them all save the file. The XML file should work fine now.

If you don’t want to download any XML files you can also import codes manually, to do this click on “Code©” in the menu, then click on the “add game” and “add code” buttons. A blank game will now appear in the database. Click on it and look to the right, where you will see a “game id” box. You will need to find it’s “game id” which can be found at www.codejunkies.com if one exists. If it is not listed there you will have to wait until they put up the codes or a hacker finds the ID.
After entering the game name and game id go down to the “input cheat name here option that should have appeared. (if not, click “add code” in the “CODE©” menu again) Input the name of the cheat, any notes you may have about the cheat, and the actual cheat itself in the boxes provided. If you want to add another cheat click on the “add code” in the “CODE©” menu and add another cheat to there.
*Information about “folders” coming soon.

5 F.A.Q.
Any questions?

*Note that some games are not currently supported, such as Animal Crossing: WW. This will be resolved in a future update.*

you need an empty cheat.dat file if your gonna be adding new code for games already on the cheat.dat file, or if you just dont want to hassle with the cheat.dat file at all and want to be able to always edit your codes

QUOTE(jalaneme @ Apr 15 2007, 10:19 AM)yes and you might as well add how to update the codelist from the action replay code manager aswell.

http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/ardseditor.html

just go to the options and open the rom and it will automatically find the game ID for you

^Temporary quotes, will edit tomorrow and give ya all credit.

FINAL EDIT FOR NIGHT!! This link has a blank .cht file and a usrcheat file with EVERY official action replay code currently available (including some that aren't official like custom robo and pokemon diamond) in it!
http://www.divshare.com/download/400876-ad3

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you left out you need an empty cheat.dat file if your gonna be adding new code for games already on the cheat.dat file, or if you just dont want to hassle with the cheat.dat file at all and want to beale to always edit your codes.

great tut man
biggrin.gif

shadowboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you left out you need an empty cheat.dat file if your gonna be adding new code for games already on the cheat.dat file, or if you just dont want to hassle with the cheat.dat file at all and want to beale to always edit your codes
I'm gonna add that tomorrow, I actually fell asleep at the keyboard while typing this, so I didn't really check for stuff like that. Anyway, thanks for the contribution.

And if anyone knows of a file that can find game ids and would post it that would be greatly appreciated.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yes and you might as well add how to update the codelist from the action replay code manager aswell.

download the CodeEditor here

just go to the options and open the rom and it will automatically find the game ID for you

Knab's stuff to download the blank cheat.dat e.t.c
http://www.divshare.com/download/400438-22f

in order to get the latest codelist open up action replay code manager and download the latest codelist by highlighting the codelist subscription you want and right click, "copy" then right click and "paste" into the "my codelist" section, it will then download, then go into the "datel" folder and "local codelists" folder located on your hard drive and you should find the latest codelist you downloaded there, open the cheat code editor, import xml file, find location of recently downloaded xml code list, let it load then save the newly created codelist onto the usercheat.dat file, then upload to your micro SD.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone tell me what a XML.file is.i have never used or owned action reply for the ds,do i have to own this before i can carry on. thanks.......................sudeki300

shadowboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An XML file is a file with cheat codes in it. Stands for Xsomething Markup Laguage I think. But now it would be better just to download the files at the very end of the post, as they have all the cheats out now in them and can be drag and dropped into the _system_ folder.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can someone tell me what a XML.file is.i have never used or owned action reply for the ds,do i have to own this before i can carry on. thanks.......................sudeki300

you dont really need to know what a xml file is or does, in a short version all it does is just organizes the data to be read easy(for this applacation anyways).

alot of AR codes will be in XML format so its easy to use them, all you have to do is save the XML file some where, say on your destkop, now open up the code editor and hit file(f)> import XML file, now you just make your way to the desktop and click the xml file you downloaded and it will do the rest. then hit File(F)> save database and save it to where ever you like, but it must be in the _SYSTEM_ folder on the R4 card to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la