OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have recently purchased a DSi and the R4DS does not work in it. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is anything else that might work in it. If not does anyone know if they will release a firmware to make the r4 work in the DSi.

Many thanks,

Lynn

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
there is ace kard 2i and thats the best one out there so far.....i recommend u get that....if u like ur r4 there is a r4i but ace card is the best....theres also ez flash....thats good too....r4ds wouldnt make a new firmware for it because the they wouldnt make money for r4i...there would b no point....ur welcome

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sticky this topic please- I just though about it this morning about how many people will make this SAME STUPID MISTAKE and it happened already.

R$ will not work, as its a hardware boot issue. No Firmwire can fix this for th R4.

what about Cyclo DS? will it work?

anyway, Nintendo said that "sales will still go strong for the DS lite" because of the slot 2, here is another reason why lites will be bought over i's, provided your not already one of the many owners of a DS lite and a flash cart- too many people own flash carts without doing their duedillgence and reasreach.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ninja.gif
cyclo ds doesnt work either hahaa

lynnw1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I still have a ds and a ds lite. I just wanted to be greedy and get the DSi aswell to add to my collection lol. I honestly didn't think about being able to use my R4DS in it. It's a shame I've just ordered another ha ha. I think i'll try the acekard2i. Thanks all for your fast replies and info.

Lynn xx

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a matter of time before Bushing and Marcan (Homebrew channel devs) create something for the DSi. Stupid Nintendo made an SD Slot XD (Can't wait to see how much that slot will come in handy for homebrew) With them, there well probably be no need for a DSi Flashcard.

neojust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are other 2 flash cards, DSTTi and EZFlash Vi. They are testing to be working perfectly on DSi. You can check them out at: www.gadgetgear.com.au/nintendo-dsi-flash-cards-c-142_144.html
cool.gif

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YankeeFan802 said:
It's only a matter of time before Bushing and Marcan (Homebrew channel devs) create something for the DSi. Stupid Nintendo made an SD Slot XD (Can't wait to see how much that slot will come in handy for homebrew) With them, there well probably be no need for a DSi Flashcard.

1) Don't assume that any dev is going to do anything - they have lives to lead beside making you free exploits. Also, don't assume that just because they did the homebrew channel that they'll do the same for the DSi.

2) The sales Nintendo is going to make on the DSi because of the SD slot (thereby enabling DSiWare and somewhat-decent media playback) is going to far outweigh the money they'll not-make because of the SD slot. In addition, they'll make money on DSiWare without having to deal with the supply chain, which means they keep a bigger cut of software sales, and can quickly observe what sells and what doesn't, and change strategies if needed. How is making tons of money stupid?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too