Hacking R4DS+EZFlash3 in 1

Vinceisg0d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I recently bought the EZFlash 3 in 1 to go with my R4, but I'm having tremendous problems with it.

I'm trying to use the gba exploader, but it's just not working. I'm hoping y'all can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Searched a bunch of threads, and did what everything said, still no go. Here's what I did:

-Downloaded a .gba rom
-Patched it with gbata
-Put the patched file onto my R4 (Newest version)
-Put GBA ExpLoader.ini and exploader.nds into the root directory
-made folders GBA_SAVE and GBA_SIGN
-Went to http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ , downloaded the R4DS DLDI, used the gui exe to select the DLDI file for R4DS and patch exploader.nds
-Loaded up my R4, selected exploader.nds, the NOR/SDRAM/Rumble came up.
-Attempted to load from every setting possible, each resulting in my top screen showing 'Game Boy' with nothing else happening.

Am I missing a step here? Every guide I could find didn't list anything else.

Thanks!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vinceisg0d said:
-Patched it with gbata
-Went to http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ , downloaded the R4DS DLDI, used the gui exe to select the DLDI file for R4DS and patch exploader.nds
You don't need to do either of these things. GBA ExpLoader will SRAM patch the games that need it automatically, and the R4 will apply the DLDI patch to GBA ExpLoader automatically.

QUOTE(Vinceisg0d @ Apr 13 2008, 08:06 PM) -Attempted to load from every setting possible, each resulting in my top screen showing 'Game Boy' with nothing else happening.
Is the word "NINTENDO" on the Game Boy screen garbled or missing? If so, fix the rom's header with GBATA.

Vinceisg0d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried with and without patching, tried with and without doing the DLDI steps as well,

All that shows is Gameboy, has minimize/x/etc in the top right like a window, says the exploader, no garbled anything, black screen is blank.

I pretty much did nothing but what I said. Am I missing some extremely easy/common knowledge part that I just missed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol