OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I hope this post isn't redundant, though I haven't been able to find a similar post in the forums. For whatever reason my R4 has stopped using
the themes on the micro SD card and is only allowing my to use a really ugly one I assume is hidden somewhere in firmware or something. I've tried
reloading several versions of the R4 software to fix the problem but nothing seem to work. Also some homebrew that requires support files such as fonts and such can't find their support files in the root directory, which I suspect is related to what is causing the skinning problems. Has anyone faced similar problems? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Oh and I'm using mac osx.

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do check if you have the following folders on the root of your MicroSD:
_system_\themes\theme01
- where theme01 is from 01 to 12
if not that's what you are missing.
Firmware 1.11 has these folders in. The others do not have it in by default.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is odd that it just stopped working.

Have you tried, while still in the games/media/slot 2 menu, pushing select then A (over and over again) to manually cycle through the 12 themes?

As far as I know, if you haven´t manually selected a theme, it will automatically skip to the next theme. (that being the next calender month. 12 themes 12 months.)

Hope it´s some help, and if not, that someone else can.
grog.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Uhh, are the images named background1, background2, icons and logo? There should be a theme ini, but it's not necessary.

If nothing works, just reformat your Micro SD and try again.

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, reformat and make sure you delete the file _DS_MENU.SYS
It will create a new one.
If you have the original theme from v1.11, test that as well.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your were already in manual mode and you push select and A, it´s normal that you return to the menu, but now your in the automatic mode.

Repeat the procedure, and it should show you a theme. You have to accept it. Repeat the procedure again, and it will show you the next available theme. Again accept it, and keep on repeating the procedure till you find the theme you want to keep.

If you found your theme, you should now be back in manual form.

I renamed all pics, like dark_aura said, and overwrote the files to the theme 12 folder. Then manually selected theme 12.

If worse comes to worse, then do what the others said, and reformat and start from scratch.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also know that the automatic mode changes depending on the month. (Like the 12th month is on the 12th theme). I didn't even notice that until lately.

And also make sure that the image are in 24-bit bitmap format.

emuart

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies and help. I attempted to reformat the micro sd and now it won't work at all. I suspect that the key to my troubles is that I only have access to Mac osx. I can't figure out how to format to libfat in OSX, I hate to ask more of all of you but is there a secret to formating a micro sd card in OSX that I may be missing? I miss my DSorganize

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1