retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey I think you're all being rather... flamey... He had a question, a question not that easy to search for due to the restrictions and limits of how short words may be...
And then if you start bullshitting, ofcourse he'd get confused...
If I wern't a nerd.. as in.. wanting to know the details about systems, and programming myself.. then I'd probably think n64 could be emulated... not very good perhaps, but atleast a little bit... super mario 64, with more stuff, and almost better graphics... why not emulate some games on the ds? small games atleast?

so it's not a stupid question! (There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers).

So stop being sarcastic! stop the flaming! just answer nicely!

I suggest a lock of this thread :/

trust me, there ARE stupid questions.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
hey I think you're all being rather... flamey... He had a question, a question not that easy to search for due to the restrictions and limits of how short words may be...
If I wern't a nerd.. as in.. wanting to know the details about systems, and programming myself.. then I'd probably think n64 could be emulated... not very good perhaps, but atleast a little bit... super mario 64, with more stuff, and almost better graphics... why not emulate some games on the ds? small games atleast?

so it's not a stupid question! (There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers).

That's not really true about it being hard to search for though, instead of just typing N64 you could add emu or emulator or even play n64. I think the problem that alot of people are having with the OP isn't just the stupidity of his questions, it's the stupid way he types. It's understandable to shorten stuff on SMS texts where you may be limited to around 128 chars or are in a hurry, but on a forum with no character or time limit it shouldn't be hard to post a message with a reasonable amount of intelligence and grammer.

Fair enough not everyone is perfect, and yes everybody does make spelling/grammatical mistakes, but his first language is English so his messages should be alot more readable then they are.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that exceeds the stupidity of the OPs questions is the fact that anyone posted after the first response.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

That's not really true about it being hard to search for though, instead of just typing N64 you could add emu or emulator or even play n64. I think the problem that alot of people are having with the OP isn't just the stupidity of his questions, it's the stupid way he types. It's understandable to shorten stuff on SMS texts where you may be limited to around 128 chars or are in a hurry, but on a forum with no character or time limit it shouldn't be hard to post a message with a reasonable amount of intelligence and grammer.

Fair enough not everyone is perfect, and yes everybody does make spelling/grammatical mistakes, but his first language is English so his messages should be alot more readable then they are.

I've seen something like this before... and yes... there is something called dyslexia (or something, damn hard word to describe someone who can't spell)
and Now i just tried again, to be sure that you CAN'T search for this subject!

I typed:
r4 play n64 emulator.
I got a red box, with the response:
"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

now, please... tell me how to search for this topic!

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not really true about it being hard to search for though, instead of just typing N64 you could add emu or emulator or even play n64. I think the problem that alot of people are having with the OP isn't just the stupidity of his questions, it's the stupid way he types. It's understandable to shorten stuff on SMS texts where you may be limited to around 128 chars or are in a hurry, but on a forum with no character or time limit it shouldn't be hard to post a message with a reasonable amount of intelligence and GRAMMER.

I'm surprised no one pointed that out...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well, you could report it yourself by clicking on the original post... (report button on the original post i mean).

and... well, say you want it locked.

too bad no one tried to proove me wrong about the problems of searching for these questions... (Everyone complains "uuh, just search", but it isn't even possible...).

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
well, you could report it yourself by clicking on the original post... (report button on the original post i mean).

and... well, say you want it locked.

too bad no one tried to proove me wrong about the problems of searching for these questions... (Everyone complains "uuh, just search", but it isn't even possible...).

And what exactly is wrong with it? I just searched for "n64 on r4" with the search button under the GBAtemp logo, and it returned this thread.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, how about this.
wacko.gif
Wouldn't it be great if someone released a cart for the 64, with an SD slot, so you could play your emulated games on your N64.
unsure.gif
They already got the same thing for NES.
wub.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I kind of agree. the fact that r4 doesn't work with n64 is SO obvious. I mean, think about it.

gba can't be emulated on ds...
gba

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For controls alone, you would need to patch the hell out of the rom to get it to work proper on a DS. Of course, the DS is way too underpowered to emulate anyway, which is a good thing. Good battery life for us road warriors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.