lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miser said:
That's outdated. I don't see RC2 hosted there.
And like I said, it doesn't make any difference. It's an unofficial firmware, just like Wood R4 is.
R4 is a very good cart hardware-wise. The only thing it lacks is DSi and SDHC support. But it's still better than AK2.1. I still use the original spring-loaded R4 v1. Haven't had any problems with it, spring still works perfectly, no contact problems, nothing.
With Wood it has the same compatibility than AK2i with AKAIO.
Seems to me that the haters are hating because of the fact that R4 is still the best non-DSi cart.
blink.gif
unsure.gif
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif

You made my day(even though it's night)

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
bitonio6 said:
he never try a cycloDS evo, i think!
$6 cart vs $40 cart. A fair comparison.
CycloDS is good but expensive.
R4 is old, cheap and good. Mine's over 3 years old and works with every game. Feels good man.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about you but I wouldn't pay $35 extra for RTS and SDHC support. 2GBs is perfectly fine for me.
$6 cart, 100% compatibility, great build quality seems like a good deal for me. If you want to pay more for something else, it's your choice. But don't come to the R4 board to flame.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:
I don't know about you but I wouldn't pay $35 extra for RTS and SDHC support. 2GBs is perfectly fine for me.
$6 cart, 100% compatibility, great build quality seems like a good deal for me. If you want to pay more for something else, it's your choice. But don't come to the R4 board to flame.

It's not quite 100% compatibility. There's still games that need patching to work. (I think I remember that being said in the main thread somewhere)

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:
Porobu said:
Miser said:
Porobu said:
BUT R4 IS DEAD
Why do you say that? Right now it has 100% compatibility with Wood R4. How's that dead?
Wood r4 is NOT from the original team
So its dead
AKAIO is NOT from the original AK team.
Acekard is NOT dead.

Flawless logic.
They are very lazy to update

Conor

Trophies
XP
Country
Porobu said:
Miser said:
Porobu said:
BUT R4 IS DEAD
Why do you say that? Right now it has 100% compatibility with Wood R4. How's that dead?
Wood r4 is NOT from the original team
So its dead
R4 team =/= R4
Wood may not be official but it does offer supported compatibility, akAIO isn't official but most acekard users use that.
As long as the card is able to run a supported firmware it can hardly be considered dead.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Miser said:
Porobu said:
The original R4 team is also very lazy to update.

NO. THE. R4. TEAM. ARE. NO. MORE.

It's not that they're lazy, that they've been working on a new cart, they haven't been on holiday in the Bahamas, they're not working at Santa's Toy Shop, contrary to popular belief they are not Rudolph's caretakers. They are gone, kaput, ceased to be, no longer exist, have gone to the great firmware maker in the sky.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Miser said:
Porobu said:
The original R4 team is also very lazy to update.

NO. THE. R4. TEAM. ARE. NO. MORE.

It's not that they're lazy, that they've been working on a new cart, they haven't been on holiday in the Bahamas, they're not working at Santa's Toy Shop, contrary to popular belief they are not Rudolph's caretakers. They are gone, kaput, ceased to be, no longer exist, have gone to the great firmware maker in the sky.
As TrolleyDave said They are dead FINISHED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.