Hacking R4 Sudden Error

dragonmasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely stumped on what happened to my R4. I was playing games, and the game froze, so I restarted my R4, only to find that it could not find the DS_Menu.dat file. Therefore, I plugged the SD card into my computer, only to find all my game files, save files, utilities are all gone. However, after checking the space available on the SD card, it turned out to be completely filled. Amount of free space = 0GB Amount of space used = 1.87 GB. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. I am out of ideas.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The exact same thing happened to me just the other day....I inadvertedly placed too much data onto the msd, played fine that night, but when next switched on (obviously after it created saves for games started) I got the "can't find the DS_Menu.dat file. PC recognized the msd was full, but only displayed it as "removable disk" instead of the name I gave it.

I tried a few things but finally gave up and resolved it by formatting the msd and replacing all of the files on it (fortunately for me, I had a 2-day old backup of the msd on my PC - system files, games, homebrew, multimedia - the lot...so not too much 'damage' done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1