Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I get white screen with that card. What are you getting? There's different variations of the card with the exact sticker above.
Mine just stucks at loading screen. It only works with TTDS Menu (or YS Menu) I think:unsure:.
hqdefault.jpg

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS model shouldn't matter. Try loading the file in hbmenu.
It's strange because it boots in 2 diferent friend's Old 3DS (directly from the menu, without even using twl_launcher) but no in my New 3DS
Sorry, but what file are you talking about?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
n3DS's slot is a bit different from o3DS and older DS LIte. Try holding the cart in past the click and see if it boots all the way. Maybe the cart isn't seated far enough in the slot and some pins aren't making contact. I do know I have to do this with my original R4 on my n3DS else it won't even show up on home menu.

barbonjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an old 3ds with arm9loaderhax and luma. I tried to use the r4 wood cia and the any kernel one. Then i tried the ntr launcher. The first 2 give me error, ntr launcher gives me black screen. I have the normal r4 for ds(not sdhc) and i tried with r4 wood and original kernel too. What should i do to make it work?

Reactions: luizzeross

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having a white screen earlier when using the launcher, could not work out why, so tested the flash card in the Nintendo DS - got the no game inserted horror! So, took out the Micro SD, reentered it and repeated a few times until the CycloDS Evolution logo finally appeared on the DS. Popped it back into my 3DS and it worked like a dream, I can finally finish up Okamiden.

So just a thing to bear in mind, it seems a bit obvious now to think about it, but your error may be a result of the Micro SD card not being inserted properly in your cart. Test on the DS to be sure it's definitely working properly, then use this launcher.

Once again, I am very impressed by this, just top work dev!

Reactions: xyxa

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was having a white screen earlier when using the launcher, could not work out why, so tested the flash card in the Nintendo DS - got the no game inserted horror! So, took out the Micro SD, reentered it and repeated a few times until the CycloDS Evolution logo finally appeared on the DS. Popped it back into my 3DS and it worked like a dream

Something like this is happening to me.
I just tested my TTDS with the FAT DS, and with the card inserted it doesn't even start the "Nintendo DS & Health and Safety" screen.
Without TTDS, the FAT DS works like normal.
Then, I thought "Maybe if I change my TTDS kernel..."
But no, the same result.

Not joking about this one, but out of 20 tries, I only managed to boot it ONCE with no luck. It only loads a white screen IF it didn't freeze at the beginning.
So It's time to change my Flashcard :)

Just a question... ANY old Fat DS flashcard works with it? Or is it just for Old TTDS cards?

luizzeross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't get my R4 working. I always get the "An error has ocurred" black screen error.

My setup is:

• R4DS (not SDHC) -> The same as in your vid. It has Wood firmware installed on SD, works fine on my old NDS Lite
  • Old 3DS
  • A9LH
  • Luma3DS (latest update)
  • TWL Firm patch (installed a CIA for old 3ds)
  • Apache Thunder's R4, Wood and Moonshell launchers (nothing works...)
What am I missing here?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get my R4 working. I always get the "An error has ocurred" black screen error.

My setup is:

• R4DS (not SDHC) -> The same as in your vid. It has Wood firmware installed on SD, works fine on my old NDS Lite
  • Old 3DS
  • A9LH
  • Luma3DS (latest update)
  • TWL Firm patch (installed a CIA for old 3ds)
  • Apache Thunder's R4, Wood and Moonshell launchers (nothing works...)
What am I missing here?
Install the unpatched TWL_FIRM.

luizzeross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Use the R4 AnyKernel Launcher instead if you want to have the original R4 icon. Note however unlike the WoodR4 launcher you need to have a valid _DS_MENU.DAT file on your flashcart for that to work. The WoodR4 launcher does not require that file. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forget the movie but they built an entire set that looks like a village