Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

JagN9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get stuck on this (NDSTT)

NUiMRF3.jpg

Gonna try another SD...

EDIT: Nothing, same results with another card and launching YSMenu or MoonShell gives the same results.

EDIT2: Sometimes boots, sometimes dont. With the TTDS.SYS file boots more often, but I think it was a connection problem (microSD ccard not properly connected).

Last edited by JagN9,

XxMousiexX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original r4. The mirco sd is only a 2gb. Can I used it to play 3ds game? If I can use this can someone tell me what file's I need and where to put them. If I cannot can you please maybe tell me where to get one. Last time I ordered original r4 had to cancel order it was taking way to long since they did everything manually, ebay I won one and they canceled the whole thing. Sorry I'm still new to this

Last edited by XxMousiexX,

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
DSTT? Should work with my DSTT Launcher. Or try the R4i GOld Launcher. If that fails try NTR Launcher. I don't have a launcher for that one if it's somehow different then the other DSTT's.

Have you tried dumping the rom from it?

Am I missing a step perhaps, is it simple a case of installing your launcher, or are there other parts to this?
From what I remember, the Neoflash dstt is identical to the regular one, exact same firmware etc. Haven't dumped it yet though.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing a step perhaps, is it simple a case of installing your launcher, or are there other parts to this?
From what I remember, the Neoflash dstt is identical to the regular one, exact same firmware etc. Haven't dumped it yet though.

Yeah you need one of my launchers to launch DSTT. Be sure you have CFW that supports basic TWL_FIRM patches. Reinand does NOT have TWLFIRM patches last I checked. You'll need to use CakesFW or Luma. Also if you are using emunand, you need to install my launcher to both emunand and sysnand for it to work. If using prepatched TWL_FIRM CIA (which is required if using CFWs like reinand) you only need patched TWL_FIRM you are launching the DSiWare from.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I have an original r4. The mirco sd is only a 2gb. Can I used it to play 3ds game? If I can use this can someone tell me what file's I need and where to put them. If I cannot can you please maybe tell me where to get one. Last time I ordered original r4 had to cancel order it was taking way to long since they did everything manually, ebay I won one and they canceled the whole thing. Sorry I'm still new to this
No, DS mode flash carts cannot be used for 3DS ROMs.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Yeah you need one of my launchers to launch DSTT. Be sure you have CFW that supports basic TWL_FIRM patches. Reinand does NOT have TWLFIRM patches last I checked. You'll need to use CakesFW or Luma. Also if you are using emunand, you need to install my launcher to both emunand and sysnand for it to work. If using prepatched TWL_FIRM CIA (which is required if using CFWs like reinand) you only need patched TWL_FIRM you are launching the DSiWare from.

I'm using Luma, so all I should need to do is install the launcher on sysnad and emunand and that should be it?

[edit]
Nope, doesn't work

Last edited by spinal_cord,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Do other DSiWare work? Does DS Download Play work? If you notice all NTR/TWL stuff doesn't work, then the version of Kernel9LoaderHax you have is breaking TWL/NTR mode. I do know I think Luma's version of Kernel9LoaderHax has issues with slot-1 DS carts because of the itcm patches it does. Perhaps an issue for ShadowNand too. Not sure. I'm still on the old original Kernel9LoaderHax installation. This is the version of Kernel9LoaderHax you have installed to NAND. NOT the payload you have on SD. These are two separate things. ;)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank You. My hubby has a ? he wants to know if you can play regular nintendo games on 3ds
Regular DS games can be played on the 3DS.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this worked (Stage3 Action Reply) to unbrick my R4iGold 3DS, the damn'd cart was working 3 days ago went to try and see what games i had that would benefit from the ntr launcher 1.4 twl mode and wouldnt show up no matter how well i tried cleaning the contact pins or dusting out the 3ds' slot and wouldnt detect in my DSi (it infact locked it up on boot or instantly if i did after boot) , made sure it wasn't the 3DS going nuts or in the humidity the last 2 days both it and my DSi shorting out, the DSi reads my other cart (AK2i and Megaman Starforce 3 BlackAce) and teh 3DS checked out w/ al my other cart games (Pokemon OR, X, CaveStory3DS,Pokemon MD:GTI)

and for Shits and giggles tried to see if it'd work on the AK2i's Last FW updater Whitescreens on me (yes i used a build just before the twlbg.cxi patches were removed to run the stage3 launcher so these Stage 2 and Stage 3 launchers should be updated or state they need a slightly older Luma build/twl patched)

Hodge92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey man, I have a R4i (WiFi) Revolution. Any chance of getting this card to work on the 3DS? Thanks and keep up the good work :D

zaveion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello APache,

Awesome guide but after all the reading and trying alot of things I still could not figure out what to do or get it working. It keeps resulting in an error. I have got this card: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp and I have the WiFi R4I V1.4.1 Updgrade Revolution for ds. Could you please help me? You are awesome thanks!

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This may be the ultimate replacement to all stage2/stage3 launchers:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.8

Users reported Cyclo DS, DSTwo, Original R4, DSTT, and AceKard2i working with this. I have personally tested a DS-Xtreme on this as well and that card works too. If a DS-Xtreme is bootable with this, there's a high chance that almost all the flashcarts are bootable now.

Best part is that dev launcher patch is not needed to use this anymore! :D

Just need more people to try it out to be sure. Have not gotten word yet on R4 SDHC clone compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password