Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I've this R4 http://puu.sh/oeFY6/f7404f917e.jpg using akmenu

I've just installed Aureinand 4.2 coming from Rxtools on an O3DS. I'm using menuhax, no arm9loader and I was trying to use the launchers to use that card. I've used the slot-1 launcher of the other thread, the DSTT, "R4 any kernel" and Wood launchers but all of them give me error.

I didn't do anything with the firmware except put the firm files in the aurei folder (now I have both firmware and patched_firmware files on the folder) and I install the cias of the launchers VIA fbi on the Emunand. Am I missing something?

Did you put firmware_twl.bin in Aurei folder ?

What kind of error does the o3ds gives you ?

caeolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you put firmware_twl.bin in Aurei folder ?

What kind of error does the o3ds gives you ?

Yeah, I've both firmware_twl.bin and patched_firmware_twl.bin in the Aurei folder. Do I've to delete de non-patched one?

The black screen appears with the text of "An error has ocurred, please turn off the 3DS" (It's in spanish so I don't know the exact translation

caeolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you have FBI on sysnand ? Maybe in H&S (Health&whatever) app ?
If not, find a tutorial.
I didn't, but now I've installed it and the R4 is working. However, some games (like Ace Attorney investigations 2) give a white screen. I'll keep looking for info, thanks for the help

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel so dumb for not trying this first. It worked.

Thanks.

Hello, I have a flashcard looks exactly like yours, rev C as well. Can you tell me which firmware is your sysNand on? I have been trying to get it to work on my N3DS 9.2 sysNand to no avail. The bluecard from gateway work after applying the whitelist (bluecardfix.cia) provided by gateway. However, it give me a black screen reporting an error when running that R4iGold. Thank you for your response.

Kevin,

Last edited by lidolinn,

RedShadoww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a flashcard looks exactly like yours, rev C as well. Can you tell me which firmware is your sysNand on? I have been trying to get it to work on my N3DS 9.2 sysNand to no avail. The bluecard from gateway work after applying the whitelist (bluecardfix.cia) provided by gateway. However, it give me a black screen reporting an error when running that R4iGold. Thank you for your response.

Kevin,

It's on 10.7. I only recently hacked my 3ds using the a9lh github guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

My guess is it has something to do with the TWL firmware thing near the end of the guide. Other than that, I'm clueless. Sorry.

monkeydtoni

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem with twl patched, I had a old version with rxtools and when I want to install the patched twl I can't.
How delete the old twl?

Sir BLaDE

Trophies
XP
Country
I used it before but black screens or charge screens and stuck. ..plz @Apache Thunder ...save us !!!

Enviado desde mi SM-A510F mediante Tapatalk
I found an old M3i Zero (old version) in a drawer and works on N3DS,it´s curious because that cart only works on 3DS until 2.1 and the EZ-FLASH VI works until 4.0.
I dont understand :wacko:

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive my ignorance.. Should I set up the R4/DSTT exactly as if i wanted to play it on DS? (ie with its menu and files on the SD along with the .nds files?)
(I am on A9LH btw)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have the same on R4 revolution : loading...
My R4 is ok on my DS lite but not on New 3DS
That most likely means your cart has contact issues. Push the cart all the way in and try again while holding it in. If it works only then, then the contact pins on the cart are too short. Seems to be a design flaw with the perticular R4 PCB revision you have. (I don't know if this impacts other revisions of the PCB or not or just a few specific ones. I know of one that was tested as working without being held in on an n3DS so perhaps the less cheap revisions work better).

your only solution is to use paper wedge it in place to not pop out too far after the click.

The pin tolarence with the DS Lite slot was a bit different then the n3DS (and perhaps o3DS too, but n3DS stot definitely feels a bit different then o3DS slot) so it's not entirely the fault of the R4 design. It was made at a time when only the DS Lite was around. But perhaps they could have made the pin length closer to spec with real cards. But I guess it never caused issues with DS lites, so it was never addressed. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

lapisex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, thanks for the amazing work! I'm having trouble installing the WoodR4Laucnher on my sysnand, the FBI says something like invalid signature, anyway, I tried installing it using minipasta and it worked I think but I can't get past a black screen telling me to reboot the system when trying to launch it on my emunand.
I'm currently using Rxtools 2.6 and my emunand is up to date. Am I doing something wrong?

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First of all, thanks for the amazing work! I'm having trouble installing the WoodR4Laucnher on my sysnand, the FBI says something like invalid signature, anyway, I tried installing it using minipasta and it worked I think but I can't get past a black screen telling me to reboot the system when trying to launch it on my emunand.
I'm currently using Rxtools 2.6 and my emunand is up to date. Am I doing something wrong?

About FBi and the signature error ? Did you install the launcher in sysnand-> NAND ?
Update your rxtools or use AuReiNand, to be sure twl_firm is patched, or be sure to have a patched one.

L

LuksaXD

r4i-sdhc-old_1.jpg

I have a R4i SDHC Wifi,works with it ?
And must have data on Cart example. Boot or else?

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, is this actually an addition for my R4i Card?
or did i miss something?

if I start my card trough the normal "place card in slot, start via Homemenu" procedure, it already has an (wood 4 kernel, i guess) menu?
So whats the plus on this .cia version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You are already bred! +1