Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh you see with pokemon I used to use pokemon black and white 2 on my ds lite with an r4 to transfer pokemon into pokememon x and y. I had to setup a special dns on my ds lite and go to the computer in pokemon black and it would send me an event pokemon or whatever. Am I able to still do that? I thought nintendo cut off all online for the ds a little while back? Thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was pokegts i used to use btw. I know its not releated as such just thought I would ask as I have pokemon x on my new 3ds xl and I lost all my pokemon I transferred over before as I sold my old 3ds ages ago, I didnt think I would bother with a 3ds again till now. would like to be able to get them back over to pokemon x and play that again as its been a while.

icecream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also works with dslite/fat.
Just open a wifi Hotspot without password on your smartphone, save this access point in config, grab wooddumper, open it, download es datei Explorer in your smartphone, connect the address that wooddumper says, copy the nds on your phone, upload it and give it Apache thunder.
Easy right ;)?

The problem is, I don't have any DS anymore ;) My old one broke unrecoverable unfortunately.

Drakkar Blackblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh I thought you guys mean a dumping method that will work without a flashcard directly on the 3ds.lol.
But isn't the provided firmware file by datel enough? It looks kinda similar in a hexeditor like .nds dumps should like
check page 18 of this thread, apache already made an action replay launcher, though if your revision doesn't has a card slot it can't work, the 3DS instantly powers down Slot-1 if you remove the card

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
check page 18 of this thread, apache already made an action replay launcher, though if your revision doesn't has a card slot it can't work, the 3DS instantly powers down Slot-1 if you remove the card
I am wondering - which part of the 3ds leads to a power off when slot1 card will removed? If it's hardware - nothing to here. If it's software (twl_firm etc.) couldn't be that be patched?

TerraCadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've got an R4i-SDHC that already worked on DSi, and so you just need to install TWL Slot-1 Launcher.. No need for specific launcher, Apache's trying to get working old NDS/NDSL flashcards thats never worked on DSi, like the R4-SDHC, previous revision of your own.

Friendo I've been at this for a while and that is absolutely not all that I need to do. The standard launcher didn't work for me and that's why I'm looking for help here.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
DSi compatiblity doesn't gurantee the flashcard would work on the 3DS. TWL_FIRM enforces some limitations on what address space arm7 can map to at launch and I don't think the DSi did this.

This is why a lot of the older flashcards don't work and some that worked on DSi may not work on 3DS.

I was able to around this with WoodR4Launcher and old R4s, because WoodR4 is able to access the original R4 when launched from NAND (and WoodR4 had the correct arm7 entry point settings so it never needed to be patched).

The other flashcarts are presenting a challenge because they have more advanced chips in them and as a result, that appears to intefer with any attempt from WoodR4/Other flashcart kernel from accessing it when launched from NAND. The best option would be to launch modified rom dumps. But that has had zero results thus far. It looks like some form of slot-1 launcher that runs in NTR mode needs to be made before the older flashcarts work. That or disable the protection TWL_FIRM's process9 is enforcing on the section of ram the flashcart's arm7 wants to map to at launch.

From a programmer's perspective, it sounds easier to patch TWL_FIRM rather then trying to write a slot-1 launcher.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Daku

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Is there anything else required to backup the flashcart other than WoodDumper?
Any attempt to backup my N5 seems to fail, while actual carts seem to backup fine.

Removing > Re-inserting the flashcart also seems to cause the device to reboot which seems like it shouldn't be happening..

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you can get around the slot-powering-off issue with one of those 3-in-1 cartridge switchers.

confounded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey retest with these new launchers. They are the ones you previously tried, but with the new arm7 patches:

Also redid N-Card and Super Card DSone launchers:

DSOne_Launcher.rar

OK, that works but only with the firmware version that you provided. Trouble with that is that it seems to be a test build or something as it doesn't boot to a useable menu either on the original DS or the 3DS.

IMG_0640.JPG

Can you make another build against this version which definitely works on the DS?

http://down.supercard.sc/download/evolution/DSONE_SDHC_Evolution_V1.0_eng_sp6_20121030.zip

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
OK, that works but only with the firmware version that you provided. Trouble with that is that it seems to be a test build or something as it doesn't boot to a useable menu either on the original DS or the 3DS.

View attachment 41060

Can you make another build against this version which definitely works on the DS?

http://down.supercard.sc/download/evolution/DSONE_SDHC_Evolution_V1.0_eng_sp6_20121030.zip

Ok try this one:

DSOne_Launcher_New.rar

I included the matching firmware files for other users to use as well.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Looks like its similer issue with WoodR4 on the SDHC clones. SuperCard wont' let it access it without booting the kernel first or directly from slot1. :(

Original R4 users, need this to be tested: (and perhaps R4 Clone/R4-SDHC users)

R4_CartLauncher.rar

Will show the missing menu error when I eject my card, (Freezes on loading screen otherwise).

If this works, it would be a suitable replacement to WoodR4, since then you can use whatever kernel you want on the R4. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?