Hacking r4 slot won't lock.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine works fine. Sometimes I pop the microSD in and out of the R4 slot multiple times because I enjoy the clicking sound. Been working great ever since I got it about two weeks ago.

...Does anyone else enjoy the clicking sound?

Liquidsky7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem at first too, but i do notice that it has two clicks (the second click is a release click). If you were to insert the sd, try not to push the sd card too far in. Push it in slowly until you here a first click sound and it should stay there. I hope this helps.

ydnar64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine works fine. Sometimes I pop the microSD in and out of the R4 slot multiple times because I enjoy the clicking sound. Been working great ever since I got it about two weeks ago.

...Does anyone else enjoy the clicking sound?

I like to make it where once i push down and let go the r4 pops up and then the Micro SD and then I push them all back into each other with one push...
grog.gif

ydnar64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they sell 25k to 50k with a possibility of a .1% possible fault percentage caused by manufacturing, packaging and shipping then you're looking at a total of 25 to 50 possible faulty units: . .1% is a great ratio considering the fact that this is made behind the back of Nintendo (this is close to many official products). So to be more reasonable to this situation let's say 2% are faulty (that's a 2% chance you will get one of these faulty units). That is 500 to 1000 faulty units. That is just in the range of stuff that you can expect to have issues. There isn't an actual issue with the gear until the fault percentage get to about 10% or greater. You were just unlucky (or lucky however you want to look at it). Mine works fine as does everyone else's. At least it's not like the DS-X where they had for a moment 90% of there units shipped out faulty. Also you have the same chance or greater on getting a faulty hard drive or piece of hardware for your computer. Trust me I had one time I was going 3 out of 4 hard drives I had were bad on receiving them. I just also want to say my numbers aren't official; I just want to shine some light on your problem so you know why you got a bad R4. Better luck next time. Also if you're super desperate you can always use duct tape, which fixes everything. 
so that's a very long way of saying you like to play with imaginary numbers?
while we're making up numbers let's pick a sample we can guess at more closely. How many of these were given away for review at DS 'backup/release' sites? Probably 10-20, and 20 is probably very generous. at least one of those was defective (sinkhead's) so the numbers could be looking more like 5-10%. Or if another tester was bad, the percentage could be a great deal worse.

No it's a long way to explain that there are always going to be faulty units and you just so happened to have gotten one, along with a few other people. As for your numbers I just want to state that people are more then willing to complain about something that isn't working rather then compliment it if they are content with it. If everyone started up a post about how there R4 works then you can imagion how that would look...

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought 5 R4 for my friends and myself. None of them had any problems with the spring lock thing.

I put my R4 in the DS, then push in the microsd until I hear a click. *shrugs*

reaperman@home

OP
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
No it's a long way to explain that there are always going to be faulty units and you just so happened to have gotten one, along with a few other people. As for your numbers I just want to state that people are more then willing to complain about something that isn't working rather then compliment it if they are content with it. If everyone started up a post about how there R4 works then you can imagion how that would look...

I'm aware every product line has a small number of defective units, but we're up to two defective test/review units now. so it looks to be a large percentage. I'm still guessing that *at most* 20 units were given away as testers to the various sites around the net.
It's a good thing R4 doesn't have an aircraft manufacturing division... they don't, right?

ydnar64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'm aware every product line has a small number of defective units, but we're up to two defective test/review units now. so it looks to be a large percentage. I'm still guessing that *at most* 20 units were given away as testers to the various sites around the net.
It's a good thing R4 doesn't have an aircraft manufacturing division... they don't, right?

Well you might have a point, but it's still iffy becuase they were test units. There was probably no quality control at all at that point. Or maybe they were more focused on getting the test units out then if they clicked. As to my knowlege R4 doesn't make aircraft parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM