Hacking r4 shortage?

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 33 in a few weeks, so, I doubt you were doing it that much sooner than me...
wink.gif

But you were, as I wasn't pirating until the late 80s.
tongue.gif

czw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

someone post a photo to yyjoy from China packet games magazine.
they say the manufacturer will reduce the quantity of m3s/r4,then move to M3 Real.
The M3 Real will be the same price with R4, 198rmb.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so that explains why so many sites are running out fast. Will they continue to support the R4 with updates, or will that eventually be a cart that has to be replaced with a newer cart?

Because I just bought an R4, I don't wanna be informed in a month that I need a different one for newer games XD

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think people fearing that R4 is bad and will get shutdown shuld be the reason they should not buy the R4. But still Nintendo may be hurting sales from R4 but i think R4 may be helping nintendo in one way or the other not sure what but what if they give few % profit to nintendo just to stay alive (am guessing thts all)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
just got updated from different sites that seriously there is stock problem of which the most cheapest and famous of em worldwide ; DealExtreme being out of stock and the probably the best australian site Bamboogaming being out of stock (though they usually) but this time they are not accepting orders until new batch notice arrives so i think m3 real could be true am very confident.
It seems that the R4 site is also not listing any site which is selling the cards so they have a thought in mind
I think this will last few days but lets hope monday there should be announcement or something

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think people fearing that R4 is bad and will get shutdown shuld be the reason they should not buy the R4. But still Nintendo may be hurting sales from R4 but i think R4 may be helping nintendo in one way or the other not sure what but what if they give few % profit to nintendo just to stay alive (am guessing thts all)

The R4 definitely helped Nintendo in my case. I would have never gotten a DS Lite if I didn't have a way of playing backups.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the shortage may have a little to do with idiots on the Nintendo forums...."OMG!!!1one!! TEH R4 IZ TEH ROX3RZZ!!!1!!ONE!!" which causes the kiddies to look into them, cry to mommy and daddy for them, parents see what a money saving device it is and buy multiples of the R4 for all the DS's in the house. Hence the shortage.

Great for the R4 dev's, bad for Nintendo and terrible for the "scene" because we're being assaulted with newbie kiddies asking an onslaught of idiotic questions about the simplest of concepts concerning the card....on the freakin' Nintendo forums, no less!

I swear, if Nintendo can do anything about flashcarts, they are going to do something about them sooner, rather than later. Too many people know about them and the DS market is getting flooded with them.....probably more so than any previous handheld.

I liked it much better when the "scene" was more underground. Now, it's practically common knowledge.

ohmy.gif
*goes to the nintendo forums*

meh.... any1 have a link with this so i can laugh at it
biggrin.gif

i think r4 should get a factory...

OT: has any1 noticed that an r4 box has a bar code?.... why put one?

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was at work today and selling a DS lite. The customer was like "Do you have a DS"? I'm like yeah *insert some random sales pitch about how great they are*.... " Do you have an R4?" I actually total just froze at that! I've discussed it with my work mates, and we all pretty much have one but yeah, it was a shock that a customer would ask about that kind of thing! Maybe it was secretly like the police or something trying to get evidence on me haha.

I joked that I "had no idea what they were on about" (in a way that made it quite clear I knew what it was but wasn't going to discuss that kind of illegalities at Game but mentioned homebrew).

Random 'em! That's how not underground it is!

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was at work today and selling a DS lite. The customer was like "Do you have a DS"? I'm like yeah *insert some random sales pitch about how great they are*.... " Do you have an R4?" I actually total just froze at that! I've discussed it with my work mates, and we all pretty much have one but yeah, it was a shock that a customer would ask about that kind of thing! Maybe it was secretly like the police or something trying to get evidence on me haha.

I joked that I "had no idea what they were on about" (in a way that made it quite clear I knew what it was but wasn't going to discuss that kind of illegalities at Game but mentioned homebrew).

Random 'em! That's how not underground it is!

................geez where do you work?(gamestop eb games? etc)

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
by the sounds of it, he works for the UK retail chain called "Game" hence the fact that he said "duscuss that kind of illegalities at game"

yes, thats how unimaginative us brits are, calling a game store "game"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/yB4tVps.jpg