Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I bought one of these, 2015 edition, from r4isdhc.com and recently discovered the kernel expiration date thingy that forces you o upgrade to continue to use it.

I really don't like this for two reasons:

- dependency on the web and a PC for when it expires;

- If anything happens to the team responsible for this card, I'm sh#t out of luck.

Therefore I ask, is there a known way to patch the kernel not to expire, or at least to change the expiration date?

Thanks in advance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So far they have released new kernels once the old one expires but if people are still using the cart when the team disappears completely then I'm sure someone will figure out how to patch out the expiration date. There just hasn't been a need to yet.

You can also set the date back to before the expiration and the cart will still work.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
So far they have released new kernels once the old one expires but if people are still using the cart when the team disappears completely then I'm sure someone will figure out how to patch out the expiration date. There just hasn't been a need to yet.

You can also set the date back to before the expiration and the cart will still work.

I sure hope that happens then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb