Hardware R4 Save Dongle HM A New Beginning

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased an R4 Save Dongle because my wife had borrowed HM A New Beginning and played for hours and wanted to transfer her save. I tested it on the game before giving it back multiple times. I saved on the game, backed it up using the R4 Save Dongle, moved to another location and saved again. I then restored the save using the R4 Save Dongle and I went back to where I was every time.

Issue is, I bought the game for her and restoring the save just keeps wiping the save information and asks to start a new game. After research I learned the first print of the game had a 512kb save slot and the second print had a 1mb slot. The game I backed up for her is a 1mb save and the game I bought for her has a 512kb slot.

Is there any way to convert from a 3DS 1mb save to a 512kb save? Does she need to start over? Is there an easy way to find a 1mb save version of the game?

Last edited by ToolPunk,

ToolPunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried that conversion, with it set to Force 512KB, the resulting save file was only 5KB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY