Hacking R4 question

eXo00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi
I wanna buy a Flashcard for my DS Lite. I can buy a R4 DS, but I don't know if R4 Wood will work on it. The seller said that the R4 works with the software from this site: http://www.r4ds.me/download/r4ds.html.
Is every card which works with this soft a 1:1 Clone?
I'm afraid that it will run with the official soft but not with the R4 Wood.
The price is a little bit suspicious. It costs only 20PLN = ~6$. But he have to earn something and pay for the auctioncosts
unsure.gif

This is a picture from the auction http://img07.allegroimg.pl/photos/oryginal...69/1163166993_2
Will it run R4 Wood?
yaynds.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the picture it looks like one of the 1:1 clones (I own one), but there's really no way to be sure. They're $6 on ShopTemp too, so I wouldn't really call it suspicious. As long as it doesn't make any claims like SDHC support, it might be a 1:1, but again, there's no way to be sure until you get it.

Edit: If you have a little more money, you'd be better off getting an Acekard or, if you can afford it, a DSTWO. I can say from experience that the DSTWO is a lot better than an R4, even with Wood.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1-2 weeks, although on the odd occasion it can take loner. I imagine the one from where you were thinking of buying from (in Poland I assume) will be ok though. If he's selling quite a few of them, his price isn't iffy.

The only real advantage of buying from ShopTemp is you get a card reader and case.

There's a Wood guide in my signature if you need one. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=227742

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems to take people around 2 weeks, be it in America or Europe.
They have shipping information on their site.

Basically in a nutshell, you have free shipping, you can add $2 to that to get a tracking number, or you can pay a significant fee to have UPS/DHL/EMS shipping, they pick the one that's best suited to your location.

Anyway I've bought one of Shoptemp's R4DS before and it works perfectly fine, along with the 2gb microSD card I bought with it.
And yes, it'll run Wood R4.
smile.gif

tk_saturn said:
1-2 weeks, I imagine the one from where you were thinking of buying from (in Poland I assume) will be ok though.

The only real advantage of buying from ShopTemp is you get a card reader and case.

Truth be told, the bundled card reader is not amazing. It will get the job done, but it is slow.
If you can, see you if can pick a different card reader, Shoptemp also sell one but I can't say how good it is.

eXo00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1-2weeks shipping is too long for me. And the seller gives a Card Reader to the R4, but I didn't wrote it, because I have a Microcard SD slot in my PC
smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for your answers, I'll buy it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.