Hacking r4 problems

chidori13777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i bought an r4 off of the itechextreme website about 2 months ago or so and i could't play this naruto and bleach game so i tried to update to 1.18 and no luck,just stays at loading ,and i tried the r4 sdhc websites firmwares which works but only letsa me play 4 to 6 times before it does the loading screen thing.the files it contains is _system_ moonshell the ax menu thing ds menu thing and the dsmshl thing the dsmenu.dat and introduction.so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

D

Deleted User

Actually, try one that ships from North AMerica. Use Jandaman.com or dealwoot.com

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4's don't have SDHC support (yet) *knock on wood* so if your R4 package claims it does, it's fake. The current firmware version is 1.18 so if you upgraded to 1.18 and newer games still don't work, you will need to patch the rom (arm7.bin) or wait for the new firmware version; September 15, 2008. I know there are some games that still doesn't work with a genuine R4 running 1.18 without patching the rom (Carnival Games and Incredible Hulk for example.)

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
September 15, 2008

lol , i can't see why they are waiting till then to bring a new update out? (4+ months after the last!

As i always say give the R4 a miss and buy one, supercard or cyclods are the best 2 and both sport basically the same features but are really cheap :-)

paul

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Another great website is Realhotstuff.com(Based in the US). DO NOT GET THE R4-III on there though. I never really understood why they started selling those. Even then, most people recommend you not to get an R4 due to the fact they're old, no SDHC, and support is gonna be as good as it gets right now. You can usually getbetter carts for the same price with better support.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheWingless said:
You can usually getbetter carts for the same price with better support.
yep, at dx, dstts are only $20 include shipp. , and n5s are $14, but dont get an n5, they can brick your ds
frown.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chidori13777 said:
the files it contains is _system_ moonshell the ax menu thing

Unfortunate for you you DO HAVE A FAKE R4 real R4 firmware kernel contains no AX MENU
frown.gif

best thing to do Is see if you can send it back or sumthing
smile.gif

It can use the official R4 KERNEL but its a lot of messing about patching the kernel to get it working
frown.gif

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
September 15, 2008

lol , i can't see why they are waiting till then to bring a new update out? (4+ months after the last!

I agree. It's been over four months since the last firmware update so let's hope that this next firmware update is going to bring some good news... like SDHC support. If it's just a regular firmware update that fixes 2 or 3 ROMs, I'm gonna get something with SDHC support.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PyroJames said:
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
September 15, 2008

I agree. It's been over four months since the last firmware update so let's hope that this next firmware update is going to bring some good news... like SDHC support. If it's just a regular firmware update that fixes 2 or 3 ROMs, I'm gonna get something with SDHC support.
Unfortunately SDHC support is impossible unless they make a new cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning