Annihilitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

I've just bought a R4 not to long ago and I've been playing around with it for a little bit. I've gotten everything to work so far except on thing. When using different themes it seems that I can only get icons.bmp, Bckgrnd_2.bmp, and Bckgrnd_1.bmp to display. logo.bmp won't show, what will show is the original R4 theme (Basically anything that is suppose to be displayed on the top half of the screen is not being shown). I have a Themes folder under _System_ and 12 Themexx folders under Themes. I have the gbaframe.bmp in the _System_ folder. I've used select to cycle through the different Themes but it always displays the same way. I've downloaded the Themes from ndsthemes.com. Am I doing something wrong or do I just not get it? Thanks in advance for everyones help!!!

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
check the Themes folder (from 1 to 12) and make sure that the logo.bmp is correct, the file size should be around 144kb (similar to the other files in the folder)

I hope this helps.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bckgrn_1.bmp = 32kb
bckgrn_2.bmp = 160kb
icons.bmp= 160kb
logo.bmp=32kb

wow, where do you get your themes from? try NDSthemes.com
all of my skin downloads have been from that site and they have all been consistently 144kb in size.
and my past experience with themes not showing up properly or not at all is because it has a different resolution. try checking the skinning FAQs for more info

Annihilitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did get them from NDSthemes.com. I'll check the FAQ to see if I can find anything. Thanks for the help. I've downloaded five others from NDSthemes.com and they all show up the same way
unsure.gif
It's not that big of a deal though to me honest.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i've made over 90 or so themes now and EVERY one of the .bmp files has a size of 144kb (144.1kb to be exact)
the names should go as follows

logo.bmp
icons.bmp
bckgrd_1.bmp
bckgrd_2.bmp

make sure that every version is saved to the size of 256 by 192 pixels no more or less in windows .bmp format
if you want me to check over the files for you i will if you upload them to a site and send me the link i'll go over them to double check.
biggrin.gif

edit: they also have to be 24 bits per pixel.
smile.gif

Annihilitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then. That worked. Thank you all very much. So next time I should use the R4 DIY skin utility and change the files appropriately?

Annihilitor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duly noted. Thanks once again to everyone. This is a great little piece of hardware. I'd take it over my PSP just because of the fun factor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Duh duh duh!