Hacking R4-III Upgrade. No menu icons

raskal549

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I know. Before everyone starts slappin' me around about ANOTHER stupid topic about the R-clones, I DID search all over for relative threads before posting this...

K, so i picked up a pretty cheap R4-III today. i did my homework and i knew what i was getting into. my bro has a real R4DS so i wanted to see how similar it was. first of all, when i met the guy who was selling it, i DID test try it. first thing i noticed is that it took about...5 tries before my DSL could even detect the damn thing. second thing, no 3 icons in the start up menu. it's a blank blue screen but there is a outline of the box and u can move it left to right as if the icons were still there. so i chose the left one to see his list of games. which brings me to the next thing, this guy put the ROM's in incorrectly and there were multiples of many files, half the ROM's didn't even work and most of the games were crap-ish games anyway. so when i got home, first thing i did was slap the micro SD in a reader and open everything up. like i said before, TON's of duplicate files and theme's and i guess he tried to put in some pics and music but they didn't work. the moonshell didn't even start up. so i figure i would re-format, wiping everything out and start from scratch. i DL'ed a shiny, new, updated kernel and threw some games in. now, everything is neat and tidy! ONLY PROBLEM, still no 3 icon's in the start menu. i tried many different ideas and suggestions from other threads i read relating to this topic, but so far nothing worked. i mean, it's no big deal since it plays the games and everything but I would like it to work the way it is supposed to. anyone know what the deal is?

...sorry for the long story!

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
there's probably something wrong with the theme or he just didn't want menu icons, get a new one from some theme site and put it in the theme folder, make sure its named theme01 or whatever you're replacing it with.

raskal549

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pieman202 said:
there's probably something wrong with the theme or he just didn't want menu icons, get a new one from some theme site and put it in the theme folder, make sure its named theme01 or whatever you're replacing it with.

yeah, i thought about that and tried it. at first i tried the whole "pressing select" deal on the screens where the icon's r supposed to be. that didn't work. so i tried to manually swap the theme01 with one of the other 12 themes that came inside of it. after that didn't work, i tried a DL'ed custom theme. that did not work as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...