Hacking R4 Help Needed

The_O_King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I need a little help getting this R4 cart I bought up and running.

Some Background: I bought the cart from a flea market when I saw it. I had heard of R4 cartridges before, but never got the chance/thought of buying one. I saw it in the store and jumped on it, not thinking about whether it was real or not...and here I am now lol. These are the pics of what I got.

IMG_20140624_160210_914[1].jpg
IMG_20140624_160226_219[1].jpg
IMG_20140624_160236_472[1].jpg

I have a Black DS Lite and have used two different microSD cards to load firmware (8GB class 2 and 4GB class 4)

So this is what I have found/done so far. The website on the card says www . r4 ultra . com (no spaces). I went to the sight and of course, it's been dead since like 2009. So I started doing a lot of research in terms of all the different possibilities this thing could be. On the archived R4 ultra sight, it shows the box of the thing to be white, while mine is in a black box. Mine also came in a blue case with a blue strap (it didn't have a CD or a USB/MicroSD adapter because of the fact that it was second hand, but it should have come with it...).
I've tried a couple different firmwares to get the thing running, including AKAIO 1.8.6a, R4ultra v1.56, v1.55, and YSMenu. I have also attempted to use RetroGameFan's Multicart (R4 Clone and GEi/R4i), but still a black "Loading..." screen.

This is all I have done, and I am really stuck at this point, so any help would be appreciated! Any additional info/pics needed, just ask!

The_O_King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, these are the steps I took to do this (Just to give you as much info as possible to see if I'm missing something):

1.Downloaded rar file and expanded it
2.Inserted my MicroSD card (4GB class 4) and Full Overwritten w/ Format Size Adjustment ON in SDFormatter 4
3.Copied and Pasted these files directly to the root of the SD Card"
_SYSTEM_ (Folder)
MOONSHL (Folder)
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.INI
_DS_MSHL.NDS
4. Put SD Card into R4 and turned on

I still get the black screen with "Loading..." on it, no more no less

The_O_King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, still nothing, just a black loading screen

I did everything I did in the post I made before, but this time the only files I copied and pasted were:
_rpg
_DS_MENU.DAT

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Since your ds is ds lite , it should work with no issues. I'm afraid to say that it may be a fake one

The_O_King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, a fake of a clone? What are the odds of that...

Does anybody else have some ideas, if not, I'll probably try to buy a 3DS gateway or something, seems like those are pretty good investments if you can find one :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1