Hacking R4 gold pro is it compatible

Puppydogpals

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old 3ds XL 11.8.0-41E running latest Luma etc

Is this card compatible just for DS games on my firmware with Luma or is 11.6 restriction include both ofw and cfw
11586b4404429f8ff71f35b1cca6a472.jpg
086f072d652cf7652d5a832f13b59478.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally wudnt get that. Go with rather 3dsi Gold RTS or Plus model

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You get the same functionality nonetheless.
For the most part, but timebombs are a pain in the ass. And by buying timebombed carts you're essentially telling the company that this is OK to do and they should keep on doing it. I'd rather support companies that don't use sketchy practices like this.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
For the most part, but timebombs are a pain in the ass. And by buying timebombed carts you're essentially telling the company that this is OK to do and they should keep on doing it. I'd rather support companies that don't use sketchy practices like this.
Not really. Instead of downloading the kernel from their website, you just download YSmenu.
If you wouldn't be able to use the cart after timebomb, yea, I would never go for that. But as long as it does what it is supposed to do, I don't care who makes it.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You get the same functionality nonetheless.
Eh, I would more say "same." The putting the timebomb aside, the official kernel for the R4i-SDHC/R4iSDHC carts is just horrible. I own several of these carts (which I then proved were literally all just the same cart...money well spent,) all of them had the same issues like ROM compatibility, RTS sometimes corrupted my SD card, RTS also requires games be a folder called "games," any other folder will cause the cart to crash before launching the game, and several other issues. These were all replicated across all of my carts and different microSD cards. The other issue is YSmenu is ugly and extremely basic, lacking features like RTS and multi-skin support. Then to top it all off, you can't use a homebrew to replace the kernel (and loading ROMs through ysmenu) like you could with DSTT.
I would heavily suggest people spend the extra money to get a quality cart like the R4i Gold Plus. No timebomb, better kernel, proper RTS, and no need for Ysmenu.

Reactions: Technicmaster0

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo... You already bought it when you posted this? Why bother asking at that point since it's too late.

For what it's worth, take anything Lilith says as gold. I have been stalking his/her posts for a while now (shhh) and have never found them to be less than 100% accurate, thoroughly tested, and well documented

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would heavily suggest people spend the extra money to get a quality cart like the R4i Gold Plus. No timebomb, better kernel, proper RTS, and no need for Ysmenu.
I second this, those R4i Gold are the best bang for the buck. I have one that my someone in family bought in 2012 (NON RTS), he used with his 3ds till 2016, he lost it in the bathroom... i found it one year later and now i'm using it with my n2dsxl.. Even after spending one year in a humid place it works like a champ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night