Hacking R4 freezes Old 3DS XL

BeyondBirthday08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i just got an O3DS XL it's on the latest version 11.13.0-45 region U, i have this R4 that i used on my now broken ds lite, since i'm new i can't post a picture of it here so i'll just describe it, its white, has R4 SDHC written on it with a red 2016 on top, bellow "SDHC" it says 2DS 3DS and DSi with a link to a dead website, then it says Dual-Core Smart Update.

This R4 worked on a friends O3DS XL i think early last year and it shows up just fine on my ds lite, but when i put it on my 3DS it kind of freezes it, the animations work but the buttons stop and nothing shows up on the cart then i have to hold the power button to shut it down, could this be because of the 11.13.0-45 version that came out last year? i hadn't tested it on a 3DS after that update, if so, when i mod the 3DS is the cart going to work just fine?

Last edited by BeyondBirthday08,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A cart from 2016 should work out of the box. If it freezes the 3DS it's usually contact issues or a defective cart. Last update blocking DS mode flashcarts was end of 2013 [3dbrew]

Even if he cart works fine on other DS consoles and your 3DS reads retail games normally, this can sill randomly happen (I have a lot of DS systems and have seen them acing weird). Flashcarts are often not manufactured as precisely as legit games.

Clean contacts, try supporting contact with paper trick (I don't think it will work but as long as you don't use too thick paper it's not a problem to try.)
==================

If the R4 does not want to work on your console there is still https://3ds.hacks.guide/ and TWiLight Menu++

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Alexander1970

BeyondBirthday08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A cart from 2016 should work out of the box. If it freezes the 3DS it's usually contact issues or a defective cart. Last update blocking DS mode flashcarts was end of 2013

Even if he cart works fine on other DS consoles and your 3DS reads retail games normally, this can sill randomly happen (I have a lot of DS systems and have seen them acing weird). Flashcarts are often not manufactured as precisely as legit games.

Clean contacts, try supporting contact with (I don't think it will work but as long as you don't use too thick paper it's not a problem to try.)
==================

Good luck and have fun!
yeah since i just got the system i'm a bit scared to try to clean the contacts, i guess i'll just hack it for now and maybe i'll use TWiLight Menu i just have to get my roms and save files over to my sd card, thanks for the answer!

BeyondBirthday08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update: i found some old videos in which a guy with a similar issue puts in the cartridge with a piece of paper and it works, i tested it and it also worked, i guess it might be some of the pins in the slot that are bent or something?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to