Or are you being sarcastic? lol

laugh.gif

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one made a harvest moon skin yet, so i thought i would make one.. its kinda amateurish.. but harvest moon is undoubtedly the cutest DS game ever made. so thatll make up for it.. sorry if you dont mind, but i used skfields01 background, which he got from ambitous21. so props to them, and if you guys dont like me using it ill take it down. i thought the grass would be appropriate for harvest moon. my r4 is coming on the 15th, so i havent tested this. so if somethings wrong, like its too dark and you cant see the fonts or misalignments, let me know and ill fix it

EDIT: used mflo's white DS skin previewer thing

looks nice. can you upload it to this site for us?

...I guess HM:DS looks a little cute...

harvest-moon-ds-20060328045822769.jpg

harvest-moon-ds-20060328045811441.jpg

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mavis is a great guy who hosts a web server for all skinners to upload their skins, so that we can have all our skins in one place that's fast and reliable. he made a thread about it on this forum that's like 2 pages long, so alot of skinners didn't notice it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41876

to upload your skins (really fast and easy) on mavi's server:
http://www.mavisxp.com/r4

and to view all skins on his server now:
http://www.mavisxp.com/r4/skins/

you guys should really use this, alot of people (including me) are having alot of trouble getting skins off shitty hosts like megaupload.

Hear hear. I quite agree. "Mavis rul3z" as the young people say.

and thanks for the skins download link. I knew that there was a list files url for mavis's site somewhere.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HM:DS doesn't look that good, I liked the snes version better.
Btw, Look up the new HM game thats coming up for the DS, It isn't called Harvest Moon, But It has the same gameplay, except with some extra stuff. Like monster battles, LoL. No really, It has monster battles. It's like a Fantasy RPG+Harvest moon LoL. I forgot what it was called >.>

Edit: When I said monster battles, I meant the character fights the monsters, not monster vs. monster.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Btw, Look up the new HM game thats coming up for the DS, It isn't called Harvest Moon, But It has the same gameplay, except with some extra stuff. Like monster battles, LoL. No really, It has monster battles. It's like a Fantasy RPG+Harvest moon LoL. I forgot what it was called >.>

Edit: When I said monster battles, I meant the character fights the monsters, not monster vs. monster.
SNES and PSX versions ftw.

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, Look up the new HM game thats coming up for the DS, It isn't called Harvest Moon, But It has the same gameplay, except with some extra stuff. Like monster battles, LoL. No really, It has monster battles. It's like a Fantasy RPG+Harvest moon LoL. I forgot what it was called >.>

Oh... I am so not hip with the lingo.
huh.gif

I am reading up on this, so....in this case is "ftw" being used sincerly or sarcastically?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Oh... I am so not hip with the lingo.
huh.gif

I am reading up on this, so....in this case is "ftw" being used sincerly or sarcastically?
hehe, "For the win" (wiki)

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First like to say excellent job on all the skins. But remember the R4 & Simply are the
same thing & use the same skins. I don’t get why some do such a nice job with the
icon screen then just slap a ugly R4 on the top screen. People with the simply will
obviously not use the R4 screen, although with one drop of solder there the same thing.
I think all these wonderful skins are one of the main reasons the R4/ Simply are soled
out all over. Not to mention the excellent Rom compatibility. I would just like to
encourage people to try & be a bit more inventive on the top screen. I’ll see how
inventive I can be when I get my R4/ Simply.

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First like to say excellent job on all the skins. But remember the R4 & Simply are the
same thing & use the same skins. I don’t get why some do such a nice job with the
icon screen then just slap a ugly R4 on the top screen. People with the simply will
obviously not use the R4 screen, although with one drop of solder there the same thing.
I think all these wonderful skins are one of the main reasons the R4/ Simply are soled
out all over. Not to mention the excellent Rom compatibility. I would just like to
encourage people to try & be a bit more inventive on the top screen. I’ll see how
inventive I can be when I get my R4/ Simply.

I have been super impressed with the creativity here. The Nippon skin / simple blue grid / Metroid skins delight me to no end.

I say, this forum FT win! (That's right, that's how I spell my internet slang.)

skfields01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SynGamer,

Can you post just the backgrounds you used for you simple stranger icons.bmp and logo.bmp? Just wanted them for my own use. Wanted to use my own set of icons and lettering.

DaF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm Having problems in skinning R4 I downloaded a skin and extract it to system folder but it keeps on loading the same old logo. version 1.5 downloaded from the site.any help will be appreciated.thanks

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap, just realized I forgot to release that. I'll have to mess with the buttons and make them the right size, but it should be up for download by Sunday at the latest.

sickofyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow that's good news! will you make more skins in the near future?

anyone seen a "legend of zelda" minish cap-like skins? or metal gear solid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=ESC50o7Vr5sUh71I