Hacking R4 DS owners roll call

HackNeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got mine yesterday but the spring mechanism broke before i could ever get past the 1st menu and the microSD wont stay in anymore.
frown.gif

Card reader works like a charm though even if it is a little slow its better then messing with those micro to SD adapters.

... anyway, i'm glad i also ordered an EzV with its "crappy non spring loading" oh well.

eelhc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of trouble following this thread so (who ordered what when where...) so I'll post my experience in a cleaner, more concise format and edit it as necessary:

Store: Gameyeeeah
Price: $40
S/H (to location, method + cost): $5.50 Standard Airmail to New York, USA. Quoted delivery was 12~18 days
Ordered Date: 02 January 2007
Shipped Date: 03 January 2007 (received package was postmarked 04 January 2007 but China is a day ahead of US)
Delivered Date: 16 January 2007 (14 days after ordering, but 15 January 2007 was a US postal holidy)
USB reader: Translucent Blue one. Works, microSD does "bind" sliding in/out
MicroSD: Kingston 1GB, made in Taiwan. No problems
additional Comments: Overall very happy. Works perfect!

If you choose to post in the same format please keep in mind date format (1/7/07 in the EU is July 01, 207).... Preferably use the above format.

Sho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

chrishk15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine yesterday..and don't even have a fuckin ds yet lol, and everyone is sold out...I might have the R4 before even owning the console. FUCK THE DSX!!!!!!!..and R4...when you came along...with your big city dreams...talkin bout....expandable memory....flush fit...100% rom compatability..no waste of space lights...50 dollar price tag..i didn't believe you....and now....with my...let me see here...22 dollar kingston 1GB micro...and my....44 dollar R4......not even breaching a 80 dollar price tag and being double the memory of the DSX and having the option to expand with a spring loaded micro sd slot..i just want to say...i love you

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just received my R4, and a new SanDisk Ultra II 2gb microSD to go with it. Finally found all the files that were on my supercard and converted the save files.

I'm now using the card in the R4 solely for DS games and the card in the supercard for all my emulation and homebrew needs, everything is working fine so far.

Now to make some skins to completely personalise it.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, I received my R4 on Monday's morning, ordered on Thursday's evening. Pretty much satisfied (expected to receive it much later, honestly). It's an old model, so I can still mod it to M3 with a blob of solder and yet I received the new generation's goodies (blue strap and a nice small microSD reader).

Very satisfied, I'm only sad because I can't use DSLinux on it ... oh well.

aphexpusher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I just wanted to let everyone know that the r4ds's microsd card reader is ultra crap. its been said before but Id like to point out how bad. mine melted on the top. thank god the microsd card was ok. but the sucker burned my finger pretty badly. I grabbed it cuase the blue led was off and as soon as I grabbed it to remove it I burned myself. my initial thought was "save the microsd card!" so I just pulled that bastard out and removed it asap. my finger is fine but the reader is toast. good thing I have an sd card reader here as well.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weird... mine's working fine and dandy or is it that certain batches were affected...
Yup, mine works perfectly. There were just a few people here and there that got the bad, overheating ones. Probably a different batch of the same reader. Enough to make them just say "fuck it" and change readers completely.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
just received my R4, and a new SanDisk Ultra II 2gb microSD to go with it. Finally found all the files that were on my supercard and converted the save files.

I'm now using the card in the R4 solely for DS games and the card in the supercard for all my emulation and homebrew needs, everything is working fine so far.

Now to make some skins to completely personalise it.

How much are 2gb microSD cards going at?

Thanks

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weird... mine's working fine and dandy or is it that certain batches were affected...

Yup, mine works perfectly. There were just a few people here and there that got the bad, overheating ones. Probably a different batch of the same reader. Enough to make them just say "fuck it" and change readers completely.

i got the black reader with two pyramid type shapes on the top, it works fine.

QUOTE(khan @ Jan 25 2007, 09:23 AM)How much are 2gb microSD cards going at?

Thanks

got mine for £39.99 from amazon.co.uk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think