Hacking R4 DS owners roll call

ravenous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Received my r4 2 days ago from modchipstore.com... Loving it and all.. only problem is with homebrew games and apps... they boot up but I can not use the touch screen

eltia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got my R4 from Gamersection.ca. I ordered two units, but unfortunately one unit seems to have a little defect with the memory card holder. (The memory card won't stay in the holder.)

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be a R4 DS owner soon!! Just bought it from Bamboogaming.com (shipped to CA, USA) anyone know how long it'll take?

infamous6622

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got my own R4 unit (and M3 simply too) from gameyeeeah today
smile.gif

fast shipping!

Did you choose default shipping because they say that my R4 will arrive in 12-18 days? is this normal shipping time?

I am really disspointed with them so far with amount of time it is taking...BTW my delivery for some reason is coming via Internation Air Mail.

Someone plz shed some light on this from uk

Hello mate,

I'm guessing your ordered on the same day as me (Friday 29th Dec 06)

I've still not received mine yet, and i'm from the UK as well. It is disappointing how long it is and has been taking, even though the tracking mentions that the package arrived to the UK on the 6th January. That means it's just been here already for a week at the airport doing nowt :-/

I'm hoping that I receive the package by the end of next week at the latest otherwise a shitty complaint is going their way.

Yes, i also ordered on the 29th albeit in the evening...I asked them for tracking number a week later and they said that Air Mail delivery does not have a tracking number. Is it random of them send by sh*ty delivery service or a good one
wtf.gif

I ordered from gameyeeeah as they are gabtemp's main sponsor but so far i must say i feel nothing but dissapointed by their service.

Hopefully it arrives over the weekend if not oh brother
rofl2.gif

I have now ordered 2 R4 from Gameyeeeah, on 2 seperate occasions, both arrived within 8 days after getting a email that it had been shipped. i chose the cheapest delivery 12-18 days to UK, theres no tracking, but you will need to sign
for them as they use recorded delivery, Khan check your local sorting office, when nobodys home and the post requires signature, they will be held in local sorting office for you to collect, they should of left you a card !!

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
got my own R4 unit (and M3 simply too) from gameyeeeah today
smile.gif

fast shipping!

Did you choose default shipping because they say that my R4 will arrive in 12-18 days? is this normal shipping time?

I am really disspointed with them so far with amount of time it is taking...BTW my delivery for some reason is coming via Internation Air Mail.

Someone plz shed some light on this from uk

Hello mate,

I'm guessing your ordered on the same day as me (Friday 29th Dec 06)

I've still not received mine yet, and i'm from the UK as well. It is disappointing how long it is and has been taking, even though the tracking mentions that the package arrived to the UK on the 6th January. That means it's just been here already for a week at the airport doing nowt :-/

I'm hoping that I receive the package by the end of next week at the latest otherwise a shitty complaint is going their way.

Yes, i also ordered on the 29th albeit in the evening...I asked them for tracking number a week later and they said that Air Mail delivery does not have a tracking number. Is it random of them send by sh*ty delivery service or a good one
wtf.gif

I ordered from gameyeeeah as they are gabtemp's main sponsor but so far i must say i feel nothing but dissapointed by their service.

Hopefully it arrives over the weekend if not oh brother
rofl2.gif

I have now ordered 2 R4 from Gameyeeeah, on 2 seperate occasions, both arrived within 8 days after getting a email that it had been shipped. i chose the cheapest delivery 12-18 days to UK, theres no tracking, but you will need to sign
for them as they use recorded delivery, Khan check your local sorting office, when nobodys home and the post requires signature, they will be held in local sorting office for you to collect, they should of left you a card !!

I have not received any sort of slip/card as to indicate that i missed the delivery. its just taking a piss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have not received any sort of slip/card as to indicate that i missed the delivery. its just taking a piss

Sometimes the postman doesn't leave one. A few times I've been expecting stuff that hasn't arrived. After ringing the local sorting office the stuff had been there waiting for a week because the postman hadn't left a card.

Buretsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4 this week, Tuesday to be specific. I ordered it from WinSunX and got a little gypped on the price (US $54), but I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived only about 4 days after I ordered it.

StuKeeler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got mine on Monday from gameyeeeah.

Absolutely loving the R4 (haven't put the DS down for very long!!), hats off to the guys!
biggrin.gif

I have no problems with the USB reader and use it all the time (SD adapter is such a pain to use), and love the carrying case for carts.
Personally, I was happy with gameyeeeah's service, but I guess I read all the information on their site first and understood the companies....
wink.gif

My delivery was a little delayed due to the earthquake at the time (processed Jan 2), but still arrived in good time and was well packed.

My tracking showed...
  • SHENZHEN-CHINA
  • HONG KONG
  • LONDON-HEATHROW
  • Hub 2 (Heathrow)
  • Sittingbourne (local hub)
  • Maidstone (Transfer to local delivery service)
Total time.... Jan 03,2007 09:01 - Jan 08,2007 11:27
  • Anyone querying transport time; don't forget these things come from China!
  • Anyone querying delivery costs; see above.... China is quite a distance!
  • The R4 is sent as a "non-value sample" to avoid import duty and VAT, please bear in mind these little details when judging a service.... it's uncommon for a company to do this!

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im gonna ask my brother to order me an R4 from cheapmod tomorrow =)
It will be my first flashcart! Can't wait =D

EDIT: Wait, GameYeeeah seem cheaper. But how much is postage from them?
EDIT #2: Never mind, I will stick with Cheapmod
tongue.gif

sean2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
it looks like i will get my r4 & M3 no later than tommorow now.

Order from gameyeeeah

Jan 11,2007 09:14 SHENZHEN-CHINA Shipment arrived at facility
Jan 11,2007 13:11 SHENZHEN-CHINA Shipment operation completed
Jan 11,2007 15:20 SHENZHEN-CHINA Shipment departed from facility
Jan 11,2007 17:40 SHENZHEN-CHINA Released from customs
Jan 12,2007 16:01 HONG KONG Shipment departed from airport
Jan 12,2007 21:10 DUBAI Shipment arrived at airport
Jan 14,2007 09:20 DUBAI AE Shipment in transit
Jan 14,2007 09:23 DUBAI AE Shipment arrived at facility
Jan 15,2007 20:41 PARIS FR Shipment arrived at facility
Jan 15,2007 21:27 PARIS FR Shipment in transit
Jan 15,2007 22:12 PARIS FR Shipment in transit
Jan 16,2007 06:03 KASTRUP DK Shipment in transit
Jan 16,2007 06:20 KASTRUP DK Released from customs
Jan 16,2007 08:48 KOLDING DK Shipment arrived at facility

Sean2002
Denmark

joncbeall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up my R4 a few weeks back and have been extremely happy w/ it so far. Bought it from Mod-Chip.com right when it first came out and got it v. quickly. Price wasn't too bad either.

Anyone have an idea as to when DSLinux will be up and running on Slot-1 hardware like the R4?

JB

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yay, just got my R4 today from Winsunx.com.

Very fast shipping in my opinion.
Was overwhelmed by their quickness! Didn't even have time to buy the microSD yet.

Q~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up