Hacking R4 DS - Need Help Please - I BEG of you.

ArvinaLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems that when i first got my DS, only yesterday, i could use all the functions properly, exit from games, soft reset,
cheats, exit moonshell, change skins, but today, a day after i got the ds i CANT use CHEATS and i CANT change SKINS. Please direct me on what files i need to have on my DS MicroSD card (ex. firmware, programs, cheats, etc.) I seem to have tried all the online tutorials on cheats and XML file importig and what not.

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, calm down. Heh.

What I recommend you do right now is start fresh, since I have no idea what exactly the problem is. Backup the games and saves that you want that are on your microSD (i.e., copy them to your computer). Then delete all files on your microSD. Download the latest firmware (v.1.11) from the front page. Copy the unzipped files to your root menu as you did before, add games, saves, etc., and try it.

ArvinaLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, but i've tried that before with no luck
frown.gif
I'll try again though

ArvinaLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whcih Programs/software should i put on the MicroSD, so far i have games, moonshell 1.6, and the english version 1.11. What else do i need to enable cheats and change skins?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Whcih Programs/software should i put on the MicroSD, so far i have games, moonshell 1.6, and the english version 1.11. What else do i need to enable cheats and change skins?

You don't need to put moonshell and the firmware on the card, moonshell (a much more recent version than 1.6) is part of the firmware install. Are you copying all the files to the root of the microsd card and not a folder/subdirectory? When you open the microsd card to view the files what's listed?

ArvinaLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in my root directory i have Games (holding my Roms and Homebrews), _DS_MENU, _DS_MSHL, and English-1.11 (R4 firmware)

ArvinaLove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3 main problems i need to fix are:

- Exiting Moonshell without R4 freezing
- Activating my cheats in order to use them (there used to be a "Cheat (Y)" under the games, not anymore
- Changing Skins

Thanks in advance

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just unzip the firmware file and copy the individual files (4 in all) to the root of your microSD, along with another folder for your games. Here's what the microSD should look:

microSD.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill