Hacking R4 DS & Apple Mac Users

lurkspur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Any Mac users here? Can anyone answer my queries? Thanks in advance.

1. Why is there a need for Mac users to change certain file names to upper caps, in order for the filmware, themes, etc. to work? I remember some kind souls on the defuncted r4ds.net forum, programmed a script that auto-change these files to upper caps. Anyone still have it?

2. Why is it that every time I copied a file to my micro SD, there is always this annoying file .DS_Store that accompanies it? Anyway I can disable it for good?

3. The latest updated v1.71 Moonshell, supposingly supports soft reset, but doesnt work on mine. Do I have to change certain file names to upper caps too? Else, what is the problem here?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. it's because FAT32 doesn't distinguish between lower and upper case chars, but HFS (and EXT3) have that distinction.

2. .DS_Store is created by OSX and placed in every folder that you access with OSX. They also show up in a USB flash drive if you look at it from a different OS. It isn't DS related. A quick search says you can disable on networked access, but I didn't find anything about local drives.

3. Can't help you there.

lurkspur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
outphase, thanks for your prompt reply, appreciates it = )

1. Sorry, I lost you there. Why do I not need to change those files into upper caps, when I copied the firmware files from a PC then, and yet it works?

2. Duly noted, will do some research on disabling it in network acess.

3. Guess I am pretty much struck with it.

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
In moonshell, go to System menu (the box in the top left hand corner) --->Customize -->System 2
then change When press START button to Soft Reset (boot RESET.MSE)

lurkspur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
In moonshell, go to System menu (the box in the top left hand corner) --->Customize -->System 2
then change When press START button to Soft Reset (boot RESET.MSE)
ediblebird, it works~ Thanks so much. Albeit there isnt any option 'When press START button' or 'Soft Reset (boot RESET.MSE)', but rather 'StartButtonExec' which I changed from 0 to 1.

P.S. Is it normal for the screens to flicker when soft reset kicks in?

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
ediblebird, it works~ Thanks so much. Albeit there isnt any option 'When press START button' or 'Soft Reset (boot RESET.MSE)', but rather 'StartButtonExec' which I changed from 0 to 1.

P.S. Is it normal for the screens to flicker when soft reset kicks in?

this is what i see when enabling soft reset:
photo0038ny4.jpg

I don't know why yours would be any different?

and a quick colour change or flicker is normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1