Hacking R4 Deluxe firmware - where can I get it?

squiggy2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I bought an R4 Deluxe, and only now realise how jibbed i was.
For those of you who don't know, the Deluxe is not made by the R4 team, who, by the way, have shut down, but is actually an unofficial clone so DON'T BUY IT. Although it supports SDHC, it is crap build quality, and doesn't have the support team that real R4s have.
Still. I have bought it so I may as well use it.
My problem is that, like the cart itself, the R4 Deluxe website (www.R4deluxe.com/en) is a piece of s**t and i cant get more than 7% into downloading the firmware before it screws up.

Does anyone have the R4 Deluxe firmware (different from normal R4 firmware) that they can share with me, or does anyone know another place I can get it?

Thanks.

N00b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that firmware get it to work? I still cant get mine to work. Maybe its because im not using an SDHC card. Are you all using an SDHC card?

aubrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also purchased the R4 Deluxe and cannot download the firmware from the crappy website.

The link in this thread is also giving me trouble, saying "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity" over and over, for the past hour. I'm in Thailand, so that makes downloading most things more difficult than it should be.

Anyone have the firmware uploaded somewhere more accessible? Thanks in advance.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aubrey said:
I have also purchased the R4 Deluxe and cannot download the firmware from the crappy website.

The link in this thread is also giving me trouble, saying "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity" over and over, for the past hour. I'm in Thailand, so that makes downloading most things more difficult than it should be.

Anyone have the firmware uploaded somewhere more accessible? Thanks in advance.
See if this works.

The above link is to FileDropper, see if that works.

EDIT: Keep in mind that I changed nothing about the file, just uploaded it somewhere else.

TR88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 Deluxe is horrible, I own one myself. I no longer have the use of my EZ Flash 3 in 1, which is horrible since I loved the fact how I got to play GBA. I bricked my old R4 and I regret every moment as I play the Deluxe. That firmware should work and I've gone to the site myself now, it should be working again.

Off Topic:
Btw, if anyone knows what the problem is for my Deluxe not being able to use EZ Flash, please contact me in a reply or better yet a message, much appreciated!
EDIT: It seems that GBA Exploader supports it. If you have an EZ Flash 3 in 1, just use GBA Exploader, it works for it.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
squiggy2 said:
Hi.
I bought an R4 Deluxe, and only now realise how jibbed i was.
For those of you who don't know, the Deluxe is not made by the R4 team, who, by the way, have shut down, but is actually an unofficial clone so DON'T BUY IT. Although it supports SDHC, it is crap build quality, and doesn't have the support team that real R4s have.QUOTE(Vapourstreak @ Oct 24 2008, 08:04 PM) DONT BUY THE R4 DELUXE!
OHMIGOD!! RLY!1!!one!!11eleven!@@@

We all knew over a year ago. Only stupid people buy them now, no offence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.