YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have any problems, need any help or got any suggestions then fire away!

Request: Automatic Cheat.dat insert (Grimalkin has become the sucessor of Rayder) and Offline Modus (I dont want to go online only for the pictures)
lecture.gif

It seems, that your Commander has the most funtions!

ohmy.gif
bow.gif
ohmy.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
With the user cheat.dat file how does it work? I think it's the usrcheat.dat file goes in te _system_ folder along with a 0 byte cheat.dat file. Is that right?

And thanks for the compliments on the app!
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm... I tried using this, but it's really confusing. Like, I don't get what the "build" thing is. I thought it would just let me open up my card and edit it around and stuff.

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@TrolleyDave:

Use the Cheat.dat from Girmalkin from this thread: ("Most up-to-date CHEAT.dat for R4DS" under his sig)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=490...23&#entry841823

He´s become the successor of rayder!

@Warcueid:

The "Build Thing" are the Apps, DPG´s or roms that you can copy to the card!
Try it out!
The R4 Commander can also change the skins, backup saves, rename and trim roms and import homebrew!
lecture.gif

I´m using it and looking forward to the next release!
ph34r.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sent this in PM because I didn't realize this thread was still active, but the way the file browser for this is set up doesn't allow for network shares. I had to make a symbolic link from the roms directory to my server's DS directory to get it to work.

Also, I accidentally removed two games from my library, and now when I try to add them again using the file browser, it still says they exist in the library already. Any ideas on how to fix this?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually had deleted them from there, and it said they still existed, that's what the issue was. I ended up just reinitializing the program and adding everything to my library again.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is their going to be a new release version soon? Not trying to rush you or anything, was just curious is all.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm working on it! I'm re-entering all the release list details and I'm at around release 1300. All the coding for the new release is done apart from making it use the new release list. Once the details are all entered it's a pretty simple job of making it use the new one.

Was there a feature in particular you're waiting for?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually had deleted them from there, and it said they still existed, that's what the issue was. I ended up just reinitializing the program and adding everything to my library again.

Sorry about that, it's one of the reasons that I'm recoding it to store everything outside of the registry again. Sometimes it deletes from the actual datafiles but doesn't delete it from the registry even though the registry says it was deleted successfully.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm working on it! I'm re-entering all the release list details and I'm at around release 1300. All the coding for the new release is done apart from making it use the new release list. Once the details are all entered it's a pretty simple job of making it use the new one.

Was there a feature in particular you're waiting for?

I was just mostly waiting for moving the game library data from registry to a separate file. Anything else would just be a bonus. Take your time, I'm in no hurry for it. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this.

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah...strange, for one or two files it should've been relatively painless though
huh.gif

hehe, I recently tried to move my ROM library too and ended up deleting the data file from the R4 commander and re-adding everything to the library again.
shy.gif

@TrolleyDave
question/comment on the program:
is there a way to select all games from my library? right clicking is basically for sorting out what to view and ctrl + a does nothing. I tried to delete everything this way at first.

when I edit the path, the library still registers all of my ROMs at the old location. This is true even if I had manually deleted all of them from the old ROM folder; I realize that this maybe be because the data/registry file is not updated this way > is there a way to update the library registry? so that if ever I change HDDs, I'll just have to point it at the new location and it will change the registered location accordingly.

is there anyway for me to rename the .nds file inside of a rarred or zipped file? I ask this because I was hoping to standardize what my games list looks like when I boot up my R4

when I edit paths, it just asks me to choose for the ROMS, but the left part shows MP3 then below it /MP3. does it mean that I can also add MP3s and DPGs to the library and it will get put in their own folders?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

and kudos on a great program
bow.gif
looking forward to your next update
grog.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ah...strange, for one or two files it should've been relatively painless thoughÂ
huh.gif

hehe, I recently tried to move my ROM library too and ended up deleting the data file from the R4 commander and re-adding everything to the library again.Â
shy.gif

@TrolleyDave
question/comment on the program:
is there a way to select all games from my library? right clicking is basically for sorting out what to view and ctrl + a does nothing. I tried to delete everything this way at first.

when I edit the path, the library still registers all of my ROMs at the old location. This is true even if I had manually deleted all of them from the old ROM folder; I realize that this maybe be because the data/registry file is not updated this way > is there a way to update the library registry? so that if ever I change HDDs, I'll just have to point it at the new location and it will change the registered location accordingly.

is there anyway for me to rename the .nds file inside of a rarred or zipped file? I ask this because I was hoping to standardize what my games list looks like when I boot up my R4

when I edit paths, it just asks me to choose for the ROMS, but the left part shows MP3 then below it /MP3. does it mean that I can also add MP3s and DPGs to the library and it will get put in their own folders?

ThanksÂ
biggrin.gif

and kudos on a great programÂ
bow.gif
looking forward to your next updateÂ
grog.gif

1. You can hold down the shift key and select a range of files so you could select them all like that. The delete function doesn't handle multi-selected stuff though, but I'll try and get it added into the next release.

2. You can use the classic fle browser to change (File->Classic Browser in the pull down menu of the main window) the location of your roms folder. It's just a standard browser but you can use it to set the path to your games, videos and pusic.

3. Yep, it's easy. Go to the game library and select the game you want to rename. On the right hand side are some tool buttons. You want the one that looks like a hard drive. It'll bring up a rename window. It'll fill them in with suggestions but you can override them with whatever you want. It only works for zip and 7z files though. Although if you've got the option selected to convert RAR to zip files then it'll work.

4. No, the program doesn't automatically copy the mp3 and dpg files to a library folder. You can use the classic browser to add them to the build or drag and drop them into the build list and then when copying the build to the card it'll dump the dpg and mp3 files (it also does ogg and dsm) into the folders for you.

I'm not sure that alot of people know this as well but if you've got the emulator/application packs installed it'll install the games and stuff into the correct folders for you if you drop them into the app. eg. .SMC files get copies to \SNES\, .CBDS files get copied to the ComicBookDS COMICS folder. It works for all the emulators.

Thanks for the compliments on the app as well! I don't get alot of feedback on it so I'm never too sure whether there's that many people actually using it!

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for the speedy reply man, I really appreciate it
biggrin.gif

ah...I see, I actually know of the renaming utility but I thought it was limited to the Zipped/RARed files.
I'll try fiddling around with the classic browser for awhile then
tongue.gif

Would it be possible to include RAR as one of those formats that allows renaming of the .nds content?
I saw that they have a smaller size than Zipped files, based on my games.

suggestion on selecting multiple ROMs, is it possible to have a check box beside the library list and maybe a select all/clear all button as well?

thanks again
bow.gif

cheers to your great program
grog.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the speedy reply man, I really appreciate itÂ
biggrin.gif

ah...I see, I actually know of the renaming utility but I thought it was limited to the Zipped/RARed files.
I'll try fiddling around with the classic browser for awhile thenÂ
tongue.gif

Would it be possible to include RAR as one of those formats that allows renaming of the .nds content?
I saw that they have a smaller size than Zipped files, based on my games.

suggestion on selecting multiple ROMs, is it possible to have a check box beside the library list and maybe a select all/clear all button as well?

thanks againÂ
bow.gif

cheers to your great programÂ
grog.gif

The renaming utility lets you rename ..NDS files and .ZIP, .7Z files inside and out. It'll also let you rename .RAR files but like I said not the file inside. I can't make it rename the file inside the rar file though sorry, I'm just using the standard DLL that's supplied and it only lets you extract the files, not pack them. Maybe in the future they'll release a version of the DLL with packing features, if they do I'll definitely add it in.

Did you ever use R4 Commander v1.XX? It used file browsers instead of being drag and drop and alot some people perferred it that way so I added the classic browser. You can use it to catalog games and send them to the build, along with browsing for dpg, dsm, mp3 and ogg files to add to the build. There's no libraries for the dpg and mp3 files though. I'm working on R4 Commander V3.0 at the moment as well which will have a basic dpg library. There's loads of other really good dedicated tools for mp3 organizing and I can pull basic info like song name and artist from the mp3 headers so I can show info on it.

I can make it select all but the component that I use in Delphi doesn't allow for seperate multiple selected items, just a range of them. I'm not a good enough programmer to do it myself. I'm changing the way it works for the next version of R4 Commander to get around this. Is it for sending to the build that you want to select multiple items?

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
on renaming files:
I see, thanks. sorry for being kinda slow there
biggrin.gif

on using v1:
Nope, I started with v2.; the library for other media is not that critical, I just wanted to know the extent of this program's capability in the event that I would need those functions
biggrin.gif

on selecting multiple files:
not just, I wanted to be able to select multiple items in case I needed to delete some ROMs from the library. But then again its also not that critical, though it would be a nice option.

thanks for taking the time to reply
looking forward to v3
and kudos for the great program

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2.05 Released!

Due to major changes all your games need to be recatalogued. The program should do it automatically but if it doesn't for whatever reason then simply choose Reinitialize program from the Utils menu in the main window and the use the Classic Browser to recatalog your games.

DOWNLOADS
----------------
V2.05 Install program
V2.05 Install program in ZIP file
V2.05 Install program in RAR file
V2.05 Binary in ZIP file
V2.05 Binary in RAR file

CHANGES/FIXES
--------------------
- Updated internal SkinR4
* Added WWW section to drop down menu. Contains NDSThemes, MavisXP,
GBATemp R4 Skins section.
* You can now use the cursor keys to browse the skin file list and hit Enter to
apply the skin to the card.
* It now moves on to the next theme folder after applying a skin.
- Sped up the copy to card process.
- Downloads the screenshot with the boxart when added to the library now.
- Altered some of the wording in the drop down menu and moved some stuff around.
- Added TrolleyGuy Software section to the WWW drop down menu.
- Fixed search filter. It now searches the genre and release group fields as well.
- Fixed some of the links in the WWW drop down menu.
- Now removes unneeded files from archives when renaming.
- Added TrolleyGuy server to Servers list.
- Added DSMPG server (not fully operational yet)
- Moved everything from the registry to data files.
- Re-indexed and readded the details for all releases. It now uses the same
details as Offlinelist for all games up to release 1600, after 1600 will use DS-Scene
release numbers.
- Fixed entries that had wrong boxart/screenshots.
- You can now tell the autonamer not to rename the files inside of archives.
- You can now select a CHEAT.DAT file to be copied to the microsd card
automatically. Preferences->Settings->Paths.
- Added option to email me in drop down menu section WWW->TrolleyGuy.
- Added offline mode.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2.05 Released!

Due to major changes all your games need to be recatalogued. The program should do it automatically but if it doesn't for whatever reason then simply choose Reinitialize program from the Utils menu in the main window and the use the Classic Browser to recatalog your games.

DOWNLOADS
----------------
V2.05 Install program
V2.05 Install program in ZIP file
V2.05 Install program in RAR file
V2.05 Binary in ZIP file
V2.05 Binary in RAR file

CHANGES/FIXES
--------------------
- Updated internal SkinR4
 * Added WWW section to drop down menu. Contains NDSThemes, MavisXP,
  GBATemp R4 Skins section.
 * You can now use the cursor keys to browse the skin file list and hit Enter to
  apply the skin to the card.
 * It now moves on to the next theme folder after applying a skin.
- Sped up the copy to card process.
- Downloads the screenshot with the boxart when added to the library now.
- Altered some of the wording in the drop down menu and moved some stuff around.
- Added TrolleyGuy Software section to the WWW drop down menu.
- Fixed search filter. It now searches the genre and release group fields as well.
- Fixed some of the links in the WWW drop down menu.
- Now removes unneeded files from archives when renaming.
- Added TrolleyGuy server to Servers list.
- Added DSMPG server (not fully operational yet)
- Moved everything from the registry to data files.
- Re-indexed and readded the details for all releases. It now uses the same
 details as Offlinelist for all games up to release 1600, after 1600 will use DS-Scene
 release numbers.
- Fixed entries that had wrong boxart/screenshots.
- You can now tell the autonamer not to rename the files inside of archives.
- You can now select a CHEAT.DAT file to be copied to the microsd card
 automatically. Preferences->Settings->Paths.
- Added option to email me in drop down menu section WWW->TrolleyGuy.
- Added offline mode.
Thanks for the new update. Will try it tomorrow since I have an off day, thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1