TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
@ trolleydave

Well, one day my laptop wasn't connected to the internet, so when it tried using R4Commander it tried getting new boxart for the games. Everytime I go on from then on, that message pops up before the program starts.

I've also tried reinstalling R4 Commander, but I can't drag the ROMs in anymore. Actually, I can't really access or direct files to go into my SD card.

Just a random question: with the R4 now being able to DS Download (with the assistance of R4DS.com's Rom TRimmer), does the R4 trim it so that games may be able to DS download as well?

Thanks in advance
happy.gif

DOUBLE POST: Hey, I managed to get rid of the problem! Thanks anyways trolleydave!

You've just brought up a good point, I'll try and include an Offline mode the next time I relese a new version. If you reinstall it clears the game index data but not the registry, I'm going to look into that as well. If you ever find the problem occuring again just go to reinitialize settings in the Program menu in the menu window. This will clear all the registry data and allow you to drop files in again.

Yep, it uses a safe trim method. It's not as neat and specific as NDSTokyoTrim as it safe trims EVERY rom and not just download play/wifi roms. I've never had a problem with it and no-one else has reported a problem with it. I'm not sure if it works with cards other than the R4 but it seems fine on the R4 itself.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
No probs. I'm glad you like the app as well, I know people with more programming experience could write a much better one (R4 Commander V2.0 is only my second app ever) with alot less bugs it does the job reasonably well!
wink.gif

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Question about the skin tool though, some of the skins don't display on the preview, but when paste them either through the skin tool or manually, they seem to work fine.
biggrin.gif

Any ideas as to why this happens?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know without looking at the actual skins, can you give me a link to a couple of examples? I've had a few that don't display because the names inside the archive itself aren't quite right but if they work when you paste them then they should be displaying.

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I start the program it keeps saying file not found and then it attempts to look for an updated release lists and then loads the program up...what file is not found exactly and is the release list down?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
When I start the program it keeps saying file not found and then it attempts to look for an updated release lists and then loads the program up...what file is not found exactly and is the release list down?

That File Not Found popping up is a bug that I'm having a hell of time trying to fix. It's to do with applying a skin and not the release list. When you say you think the release list is down what's the last number in your list? I haven't had a chance to update it this week so it could just be that. Changing the server to Moddz definitely works.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2.04 Released!
------------------

Just a few fixes in this release.

- I’ve removed DPGDownloads from the server list. It now defaults to Moddz.
- I’ve finally fixed that elusive “File Not Found” bug! Hooray.
- I’ve fixed the problem that caused skin packs/archives with both a skin and a gbaframe included to only show the gbaframe. It now only shows the gbaframe if it’s selected in the left hand panel.

Downloads for the updates available on my blog or from the GBATemp download center.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

Fixed this in 2.04. The problem was that there are gbaframe.bmp files as well as the standard skin files so the program was seein the gbaframe.bmo file and displaying those instead of the skins. Sorry about thaT!
wink.gif
Should work ok now as I've made it only dsplay the gbaframes if you're applying a gbaframe skin.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've fixed the pack downloads on the blog now.

How many people use the program for packs? I've not updated them for a while cos I get so little feedback but if you want I can create some new ones with updated stuff.

Leave a message with the packs you want to see.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Will be releasing a new version this week that fixes the game indexing problem so there won't be any more games missing from the release list. It means you'll have to reindex all your games but it'll be one time only. I'll also be moving the game library from the registry to a seperate file. Some registry cleaners are removing the data, damn them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car