Hacking R4 Commander V2.0

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TD, is there a problem with the NDSRELS.INI file at the moment? It seems to be very outdated and I'm wondering if the problem getting updates for it is at my end...

Regards,
Z.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zardoz said:
TD, is there a problem with the NDSRELS.INI file at the moment? It seems to be very outdated and I'm wondering if the problem getting updates for it is at my end...

Regards,
Z.

No it's me mate, I've been having some major PC problems. I'll try and get an update done tomorrow.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been working on a new manager called DSFCC. It still needs some stuff adding in and some polishing but I thought people might like a look at it. Here's some screenshots

k2gsqe.jpg

fkcx2f.jpg

rvvr5g.jpg

2isid1w.jpg

2i8kx8n.jpg

2ljn9xl.jpg

And the the downloads for anyone who wants to give it a try. Remember there's still some work that needs doing but it runs well enough to manage your games, saves etc. To add pictures to your video & audio files drag and drop them onto the "no picture set" part in the info panels. Don't forget to update the release list. Right click on the DS library list to change th display options.

Click here to download DSFCC WIP
Click here to download R4DS firmware 1.18 pack
Click here to download EDGE firmware 1.4 pack
Click here to download DSTT firmware 1.15 pack

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks nice! I'm going to give it a good testing. Would you like alpha/beta test feedback and/or feature requests? If so, how would you like them submitted?

Z.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zardoz said:
This looks nice! I'm going to give it a good testing. Would you like alpha/beta test feedback and/or feature requests? If so, how would you like them submitted?

Z.

Cheers mate. It's still pretty early in the development so any suggestions are more than welcome. Just post them here or PM me with them. There's still a bunch of stuff missing from it that was in R4 Commander 2.0 but I'll be adding it all in over the next week. I've done some bug fixing today and I've redone the entire NDS release list. There's no more missing games or anything like that. There's probaby some boxarts in the wrong order though so if you spot any then let me know.

I'll upload another build tomorrow night. I'm gonna try and get CRC verification in it tomorrow along with the homebrew library.

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, look forward to seeing how this develops.

Here is my first bugfix/feature request. It actually applies to R4Commander as well.

Please could you change your file access modes so that you only open files with readonly access unless you actually have to write to them. I keep all my ROM images on a readonly network filesystem, and neither R4Commander or DSFCC will open files on it, reporting "File Access Denied". I did a quick check on DSFCC with Sysinternals "procmon" and it seems that DSFCC does a CREATE call on an existing ROM when you double click it in the file list area. I would have thought an OPEN Read would be better?

This means that if you have a DVD archive of ROMs, you may not be able to use it.

Hope this helps.

Z.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zardoz said:
Plain NDS.

Z.

Ok no worries, if they were archived I don't think I'd be able to do anything about it because I use components but I'll see what I can do. Do you mind testing the stuff for me when I do it? I've only got a single PC.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New build of DSFCC if anyone wants to try it.

http://tinyurl.com/5pybf8

Added in :

- Clean ROM checking.
- More efficient game identification.
- You can mark games as favourites in the library.
- You can set a seperate folder on the MicroSD card for all games marked as favourites in the library.
- Automatically clean old and useless saves from the Save Library. (Old saves for deleted games)
- Lot's of error checking added in.
- Graphical touches.
- Window is now resizable and remembers last position and size.
- Now displays header info for games not in release list.
- Now shows a count of all games in current folder.
- You can now view games, games and saves or saves only in the MicroSD card file browsers.
- Some code speed ups.
- You can now set your own pictures in the Game Library by dropping pictures over the old ones.
- Clicking on most pictures opens a preview window.
- Other stuff!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2.18 Released!
==========

+ Many bug fixes.
+ Many speed improvements.
+ Renaming is now roughly twice as fast.
+ Moved over to new boxart/screenshot file name system.

Please note that if you don't upgrade to this version you'll stop receiving boxart/screenshots.

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
seracrux said:
link please
the first post is only up to 2.17, and your website is only til 2.16

Use the Check for upgrades option from the main window for now. I'll update the main link later.

At the moment the 2.17 auto updater is not working. I just traced the connection and it's getting a 404 - Not Found when trying the 2.18 zip file. Probably easily fixable.

Regards,
Z.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zardoz said:
TrolleyDave said:
seracrux said:
link please
the first post is only up to 2.17, and your website is only til 2.16

Use the Check for upgrades option from the main window for now. I'll update the main link later.

At the moment the 2.17 auto updater is not working. I just traced the connection and it's getting a 404 - Not Found when trying the 2.18 zip file. Probably easily fixable.

Regards,
Z.

No worries, will check that now.

edit : Should be fixed now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast