Hacking R4 clone?

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which card is basically a direct copy of the R4 in that it uses the same firmware, same saves, same everything...just a different name/packaging. Since the R4 is in short supply these days, if I wanted to get a second, what would be good to go with cause I though I read somewhere on here that one of the cards was basically an R4 clone.

Thanks in advance

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be hard to find an M3 Simply as well. You should look into the DSTT as a possible replacement, as it's similar to an R4 but with SDHC support.

unabombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
cory1492 said:
M3 simply is not a clone, it is the same hardware with different packaging - since nobody had to clone anything, it is called OEM or REBADGED.

it's a clone!
hate2.gif

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pulka said:
N5 is a clone.

Not really, the N5 is a clone of the FireLink.

QUOTE(ExDee @ Mar 11 2008, 05:21 PM) Hm... The M3 DS simply is an EXACT clone cuz it runs the R4's firmware. The N5 is a clone as in a copy catter company. O_O cuz like if u go to their website http://www.dsn5.com/index.files/en/index.htm the font is same as r4's website and looks like it. Although, it does not run r4 firmware

WOW lol. Non of the subbars or menu w/e doesnt work. Sad what the N5 is doing.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
ExDee said:
Hm... The M3 DS simply is an EXACT clone cuz it runs the R4's firmware. The N5 is a clone as in a copy catter company. O_O cuz like if u go to their website http://www.dsn5.com/index.files/en/index.htm the font is same as r4's website and looks like it. Although, it does not run r4 firmware

That made me lol

M3 Simply is a clone on the inside. Like a... Genetically Modified Clone. I still call it a clone =P

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 Simply is NOT a clone, regardless of what anyone considers it. The hardware is the same, but it's not a clone.

AFAIK, the N5 is the only exact clone of the R4. The name even gives it away "N5 Revolution for DS". They could have at least been creative and made it 'Revolution five DS'... >_>

Anyway, that's on a technical level. For what gblock is asking, the M3 would be a good second cart to buy. The firmware is similar, and you can actually convert the R4 firmware to run on the M3 Simply, thus achieving the exact same cart and you'd be able to use the same save files and everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.