Hacking R4 Clone

beve

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
clones dont except N5ds (blows fuse) and i wouldnt use them and r4 according to rumor will brick your ds with new bricking firmware

beve

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
like to see you try
lecture.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve said:
like to see you try
lecture.gif

So beve, just to make sure my skills are as good as yours did you take the following steps?

1) Run r4crypt to decrypt R4 firmware.
2) Hex edit file.
3) Run r4crypt to encrypt R4 firmware, escept for clone versions which you leave decrypted.
4) Upload to file sharing site and post message on GBATemp.
5) Declare uber h4x0rnezz on GBATemp for mad skills with hex editor.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
PharaohsVizier said:
So what's all this about the R4 clones having problems? It seems that there are far more cases of bricking, of dying, etc with fake R4s than any other cart on the market, enough to catch the attention of lots of people, enough to have retailers put up a warning. I think that says it all.

There is a high chance that you may get lucky and your cart will be fine for the rest of your life. But to save the $5, is it really worth the risk? It's like someone paying you $5 to run across traffic, chances are you won't die, or even get injured, by why risk it... Some things are worth more than money.... Or in this case, the possibility of DS bricking > $5.
I completely agree, and I can confirm that there are many cases of N5's bricking peoples DSses. I don't know about other R4 clones, but it's probably the same case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol