R4 Card Stuck on Loading Screen

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ltc77, Sep 15, 2010.

Sep 15, 2010

R4 Card Stuck on Loading Screen by ltc77 at 1:12 PM (3,929 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ltc77
    OP

Newcomer ltc77 Newbie

Australia
    Hi
    I have just bought a r4card revolution for my ds lite from shoptemp. I Have now tried loading 2 different softwares on it. The r4 software from the website from the box r4ds.com.and the latest wood software from the website filetrip.where shoptemp tells you to go.
    Neither are working. I have been trying all day and still have the loading screen. Could it be the r4 card or the sd card? Both are from shoptemp.
    Please could someone help me with this.
    I tried submiting a ticket on the shoptemp website to let them know but i am getting a 500 internal server error everytime i press submit.

Thanks Heaps

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    It could be a few things.
    1: Maybe you're not installing the firmware properly. The firmware needs to be extracted from the .rar/.zip archive and put on the microSD card.
    2: The microSD might need to be properly formatted. Windows formatter might be okay, but generally using Panasonic SD Formatter works good.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Use Wood firmware [​IMG]

should be somewhere on filetrip.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you are installing wood, try following my guide. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=227742

If neither Wood R4 or official 1.18 are working, it's likely to be something you are doing or an SD card issue rather than the cart.

5. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You may also just need to reseat the MicroSD card in the slot, try taking it out and replacing it firmly. Also, just checking, but you are using a 2GB card or less, correct? The original R4 (the only one worth buying) is NOT SDHC compatible.

6. ltc77
    OP

Newcomer ltc77 Newbie

Australia
    Hi
    I extracted all files and also formated the card. I have bought in the past r4 cards and ttds cards from r4card.com.au and there software worked straight away but i was told they were fakes and to get the real r4 cards that wood works on through shoptemp which i have now done and this is the first time this has happened to me. I did a quick format and also a full format but still the same loading screen. Is there any other websites i can try to get software from as i really dont want to pay to send it back as i payed to get it here.
    Also i am using the r4 revolution for ds with a 4gb micro sdhc they sent me. Could it be the micro sd card?
    Thankyou for your help.

7. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Check here [​IMG]

your most welcome.

8. ltc77
    OP

Newcomer ltc77 Newbie

Australia
    I also used your guid today but no luck. Its not with 1 r4 card this is happening to but both of the R4 cards i bought from them is playing up.

Also just tried another 2 micro sd cards that i had lying around and they are also not working with the software put on the.[​IMG]

Just tried the 2gb micro sd card and it worked. But they sold me a 4gig??

9. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you go to their R4 page In the MicroSD card box it will only allow you to select a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD card or a 2GB Kingston MicroSD card, there are no MicroSDHC cards. The same goes for the bundle options on the right side of the page. If you otherwise purchase a MicroSDHC card, that's your responsibility.

In my guide I try to make it clear it doesn't support MicroSDHC cards.

Of course it wouldn't hurt for ShopTemp to make it clearer that it doesn't support SDHC cards and then suggest an alternative cart which does.