R4 Card problem updating to latest version???

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Joseph Lennon, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Joseph Lennon
    OP

Joseph Lennon Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2013
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi, i hope someone on here can help,

i have had an r4 card for awhile was given it as a freebie, it works fine on my ds lite, it says version is 3.0.

i know the latest version is up around the 6.0 mark. i updated it using the website and flashed it with version 1.74b like the website says.

i then i go into the card to the upgrade menu and it doesnt show the upgrade to anything higher as i have seen around alot of forums.

i want to use it on my DSI XL but need to upgrade it to latest version otherwise i keep getting error has occurred.
    its a R4-SDHC 3DS Upgrade Revolution one.

is it gone and cant be used on anything higher than a dslite? or is there a way of upgrading??

thanks

2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    You need to see if the website of your cart has an update file, if it does then that needs to be run on a DS that your cart operates on.

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    under the update settings it should show the highest version that cart will work on

most card get blocked and you have to buy a new one with a hardware revision that works
    most likely why you got given it as a freebie

DSi's & 3DS's get updates to block Flashcards
    DS Phats and DS Lites dont, so they will always work on them

the flashcards on work in DS Mode, so you wont be able to play DSi games or 3DS games on them
    so you gain nothing by using them on a DSi or 3DS

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Most carts can't be updated anymore. I'd say 95% of them easily stopped getting updates.