Hacking R4 can now use expansion pack for EZV

ttabbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a graphical glitch with kingdomhearts com. I'm not sure if its just the rim but the first time i played the Sora sprite during battle was all white (so was his face pic. in the top left). I rebooted and the second time he was pitch black (also the face pic.). Is this common?

There was a bug in copyTest that corrupted sprites in one game that we knew about. It's possible it applies to kingdom hearts as well. Try the latest version of GBALdr (also on the EZ Flash USA forum) and see how that does. Cory fixed then known bug in recent versions.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be mixed answers about NDS-GBA linkage and this program.. so what works and doesnt work with respect to R4 and 3 in 1 linkage?
Most DS games only read the rom data from the GBA game. In that case, linkage should work perfectly with the 3-in-1 and any slot 1 cart or retail DS game.

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl read the save data from the GBA game, and that won't work without patching the DS rom to read the different save type.

The latest kernels for the EZ-V will automatically patch the save linkage code in Diamond & Pearl, so if you have an EZ-V, linkage should work in pretty much every case with the 3-in-1 . If you have a different slot 1 cart, linkage should work for everything but pokemon.

There was one game (Rockman ZX) that had a problem with linkage, but it had nothing to do with the 3-in-1, it was apparently a bad dump of the DS game. The same thing happened with the bad rom and the actual GBA carts, and the retail DS cart worked with the 3-in-1.

Artimes: You have to patch GBA roms with the EZ4 client to use them with the 3-in-1, or they won't be able to save. The EZ4 client can patch multiple games at once, and you don't have to extract them from zip files first. (I don't know if it can read rar or 7z files)

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Destructobot

what are the chances that there will be a patch for diamond and pearl so that it will work with R4+3in1?

If it can be done using the EZV kernal, it should work with an ips patch too right?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it just reads the ROM, you should still get the pokemon that only appear with a game in slot 2, just not trading.

whodat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can now use the R4 or the other slot 1 carts to load GBA games in the 3 in 1 expansion pack for EZ V.
BigBoss from the EZ forum has released his program.

The software to do what you want is still in production, but a workable version is availabe from BigBoss
currently: http://www.tabbal.net/copyTest-TR7.zip

Discussion on it is in the thread here:http://ezflash.sosuke.com/post-30693.html#30693

To use it, basically do this:
-Get the program and patch it with the appropriate DLDI for your slot 1 device, and stick it on your microSD card somewhere. Instructions, dldi files and dldi patching programs can be found here:
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
-Make a folder in the root of your microSD card and name it "GBA" (without quotes)
-Inside that folder, make another and name it "Save" (without quotes) so you now have x:/GBA/Save
-Obtain EZ4 client, and use it to patch your GBA games (GBA homebrew shouldn't need patches)
-put the patched *.gba files into the GBA directory on your microSD
-run the program on your DS, use left/right to pick a file and follow the on screen dialog
-supports 2 banks, 0 and 128 (halfway through the NOR). Press R and L to toggle the bank. Make sure you don't use ROMs larger than 16MB or you will overflow the bank. A to flash as usuall. Note that SRAM will be updated as if it were a single ROM.
-when it is done, turn off your DS, remove the Slot 1 card, turn on your DS and in it's menu press the start GBA button.
-If you want to boot from the slot 1 to the expansion pack use this app:gbaswitch
-When you change to a different game, it should backup the save file to the Save directory you created earlier

Many thanks to BigBoss and cory1492. Without them, this would not be possible.

Sorry if this seems like some really dumb questions but I have searched this thread and the thread at the ezflash website and I cannot figure this out. Just a few questions for anyone that can help.

1. Which program am I supposed to patch with the DLDI? The TR7 release?

2. Is the patched program then sent to the root of my microSD?

3. Do you access the GBA folder from the multimedia icon (middle icon)?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Yes

2. You put the TR7 program on the root manually

3. Once the GBA game has been flashed to the 3in1 by the TR7 program you can load the game by the Slot 2 option or by removing the R4 and booting it as you would a commercial GBA game.

Good luck - it's all easier than it first seems!

smile.gif

ikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you have a GBA rom flashed on the 3 in 1, and then you use the patched opera browser, does the GBA rom or save file get erased?

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when you have a GBA rom flashed on the 3 in 1, and then you use the patched opera browser, does the GBA rom or save file get erased?
No. Stuffed inside the Triple-pack, you will find three types of Memory:

- NOR. This is where the GBA backups go. It's known for slow write speeds but very fast read speeds.
- SRAM. This is where GBA savegames are stored. It is kept constantly on via a small rechargable battery inside the Triple-pack.
- RAM (not sure 100% what type). This is what the DSBrowser uses. It gets erased after every reset.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users