Hacking R4 can now use expansion pack for EZV

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
^
Nice to hear you're still beavering away at this Cory. I'm waiting with baited breath. You're a legend bloke! Thanks so far.
smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
MMM..... maybe soon it will be compatible with the DS-X? if so I will kill myself as I just bought a eWin rumble pak (that works like a charm btw). It was really cheap but nonetheless.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MMM..... maybe soon it will be compatible with the DS-X? if so I will kill myself as I just bought a eWin rumble pak (that works like a charm btw). It was really cheap but nonetheless.

The app copyTest, which is used to make the expansion pack work for other slot 1's, does work for the DS-X. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even have to be patch to get it to work for the DS-X.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BigBoss from the EZ-Flash forum has just released his TR4:

QUOTE said:
Okay, I'm officially nuts.

TR4 is available. http://www.tabbal.net/copyTest-TR4.zip
This version can bankswitch the NOR and do multi-ROM. Note, SRAM has NOT been updated for multi-ROM use.

BACKUP YOUR SAVE FOLDER BEFORE TESTING!!!!!

I want to make sure this works before spending the time updating the SRAM managment code.

It only supports 2 banks, 0 and 128 (halfway through the NOR). Press R and L to toggle the bank. Make sure you don't use ROMs larger than 16MB or you will overflow the bank. A to flash as usuall. Note that SRAM will be updated as if it were a single ROM. Do not expect saves to work yet. I'm interested to see if you can boot from the other bank. If that works for some others, I will update the SRAM manager.

Press X to reboot to GBA mode. You will need to load copyTest and press R to switch to the second bank, then press X to reboot to be able to use the second ROM. To flash, press R then A to write the selected ROM just like before.

ttabbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there folks, I'm BigBoss over on the EZFlash forums. Apparently, that name is used here.
smile.gif

I heard you were talking about my copyTest app over here, so I thought I would drop in and answer any questions you may have and such.

I am planning to look into the issue with 256Mbit ROMs next. If any of you have tried that, please let me know exactly what you saw when you tried to do it. Any error messages from copyTest or the game you tried to run would be great. Even if it just white-screens when you try to run it.

grog.gif

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a R4 with the copyTest, the problem with 256 Mbit is when is when it's writing it to the NOR ram. I used the kingdom hearts game and fire emblem, when it's writing it it goes to about 60% done, then starts going down to -% writing.

Also thanks for your hard work, we really appreciate it.
yaynds.gif

ttabbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a R4 with the copyTest, the problem with 256 Mbit is when is when it's writing it to the NOR ram. I used the kingdom hearts game and fire emblem, when it's writing it it goes to about 60% done, then starts going down to -% writing.

Also thanks for your hard work, we really appreciate it.
yaynds.gif

Thanks for the info. Very odd. I'll be taking a look at it soon.

Glad you like the app.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TR4 works great, ttabal. It can have two gba games at the same time (128 Mbits or less each). The saves I didn't expect to work, but it sort of did. With the game in 0, the save disappear after I save the game in the 128 slot, but the weird part is that the save for the game in the 128 slot stays, even after I switch to the 0 slot game and save that game. It's coming along real good and I hope in the next release, it would be able to back up the saves to the micro sd.
smile.gif

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweeeeet
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
BigBoss( ttabal) has released his new and improved app TR5. 32 MB gba games now works , I have tried it and it works.

QUOTE said:
TR5 is now available. http://www.tabbal.net/copyTest-TR5.zip

Fixed 32MB/256Mbit ROM flashing. Tested with Kingdom Hearts and it works fine.
Fixed some random error handling bugs that hopefully nobody was seeing anyway.
smile.gif
Smile

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there folks, I'm BigBoss over on the EZFlash forums. Apparently, that name is used here.
smile.gif

I heard you were talking about my copyTest app over here, so I thought I would drop in and answer any questions you may have and such.

No questions - just wanted to say thanks for the effort you're putting into this. You've made me very happy.....

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the only thing that works now is the GBA support now right ?

Will Opera ever work using this ? (the patched one of course)

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, i'll probably buy one. I just wonder does it work good with GBA-games? (not laggy like with the SC)

(It seems like you can utilise the ram with DSlinux now too btw link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4