Hacking R4-3DS for (n3ds/ndsixl/ndsi/ndsl/nds)

dpadvance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear anyone with patience,
I bought the R4 3DS, says it is for: (n3ds/ndsixl/ndsi/ndsl/nds)
files found on: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com

I have a 3DS but I would not dare use it on there. For fear of bricking my 3DS from working properly. My problem is I get an error message when used on a dsi. I think it might be updated, I am unsure about that
frown.gif
Anyways here are my steps:

1. format a 4 gb micro sd card (fat 32)
2. drag and drop the following files and folders:
R4.dat, fwupv20a.nds, moonshl2, R4iMenu, moonmemo
3. I power on the DSi
4. I click on "disney/Pixar finding nemo" (what the..) icon where you would normally click on the ds game.
5. I get this error message:
An error has occurred. Press and Hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.

*Please know that I did not buy the R4 3ds to play the four letter forbidden word that starts with an R, and I am not using it for piracy. I have a job and can easily go out and buy anything I want. This is Strictly for homebrew apps, Colors DS and mp3's which I purchase online. I am not doing anything illegal here. But I would very much like a solution to my problem. Please please please someone help me here.

dpadvance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
What version firmware does your DSi have? It sounds like it's got 1.4.2 and your cart has not been updated for 1.4.2 yet.
That was a fast reply, I think you're going to hate me because I went to settings to see if I could find the 1.4.2 listed anywhere and I failed at finding that information. I eventually found the [email protected] email address (probably what I should have done in the first place). But I figure you guys would already know this information and direct me to another topic where someone posted this problem. I appreciate your help. I will contact them and be patient to see if they reply or update. Their last update was June 8th 2011, so they made an effort to update not too long ago.

thanks!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
The info is in the bottom-right of your DSi's top screen.
Or to be more precise...

Switch on DSi > Select the Setting Options (it looks like a Spanner in a circle) > Look at the top screen bottom right corner & you should see "VER" followed by a number

If it say 1.4.2U (since you're from the USA I'm guessing it'll be a 'U') then there is a good chance that your R4 card hasn't been updated to work on that firmware version

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Rydian said:
The info is in the bottom-right of your DSi's top screen.
Or to be more precise...

Switch on DSi > Select the Setting Options (it looks like a Spanner in a circle) > Look at the top screen bottom right corner & you should see "VER" followed by a number

If it say 1.4.2U (since you're from the USA I'm guessing it'll be a 'U') then there is a good chance that your R4 card hasn't been updated to work on that firmware version
It's also possible that you're out of luck, completely. You'll probably need a DS Lite/phat if you want to upgrade IF an upgrading tool is released.

dpadvance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian & CannonFoddr: Doh! I feel retarded, you guys are right, it was in the top screen. I didn't even look at the top screen -_-

Rydian & Chao1212:
You're right again. I got a reply from the info or support email.
They wrote:

"You will need to use a pre v1.4.2 DS or DSI to upgrade R4i card. It will not upgrade on a DSI that has V1.4.2 software already on."

I will just find another ds that hasn't been updated. I'm determined to get this working
smile.gif

That is all,
Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up