Hardware R button is unresponsive , what i do ?

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
it's only work for 1 minute after i blow it ,i tried the toothbrush method but it didn't work

i tried to open the 3DS , but the screws is very very tight and i fear i might ruin the screws if i push harder

Last edited by aos10,

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get a better screwdriver so you're able to open the console it's pretty easy to repair or replace the shoulder buttons. You can usually fix them by removing the little rubber piece and cleaning inside the switch with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush. Otherwise, you can replace it cheaply.

Even if you can't open the console, you might have some limited success using a toothbrush and scrubbing around the R button from the exterior after dipping the brush in some alcohol. If the bristles are flexible enough to fit through the gaps in the housing they might make it inside and transfer some of the alcohol to the switch for the R-button, which may be good enough to dislodge any dirt in there and improve responsiveness.

Last edited by SmileCitrus,
D

Deleted-236924

If the contacts inside the switch are oxidized, there isn't much you could achieve by blowing into it other than making it worse.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/kipmudzs-solution-to-malfunctioning-dslites-shoulder-buttons.335590/

Youtube video shows you how to open it up and take out the L/R button switches. Judging by how they looked, I think you might be able to open the triggers up in a similar manner to the DS Lite's triggers. That should allow you to take out the rubber button and the metal cap inside the switch, so you can clean them out.

As always, when opening up electronics, don't force anything open; be careful. I am not responsible for anything if you broke something from being too rough :P

That being said, your R button already isn't really working, so even if you broke the trigger, it already wasn't working in the first place.

Otherwise, if you are interested, you can get replacements for cheap here: http://www.amazon.com/Internal-Shoulder-Nintendo-3DS-replacement-packaging/dp/B00C9CBH5E

Thankfully, for the 3DS, the L/R buttons are on cables that connect to the main board, rather than triggers soldered directly onto the motherboard :P that makes it much easier to replace them.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SmileCitrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny